cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Need to know customer service number

Timingfeb21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need direction from a human being, please.

I have an American phone - and want to use it in Canada.

It is a motorola and the previous service plan expired it was with Verizon.

I called Verizon technicians to unlock the phone so I could use it here in Alberta, Canada.

I already bought the Public phone service and a new SIM Card (which is inserted)

Verizon techs told me to contact (you) Public cell service and let you know I had a new Public service and new SIM - and that I would be using the Motorola phone (bought in the USA. They gave me an 8 digit code to insert to unlock the phone.

Can you pls. assist with this. My email is:*********or call: ************

I did not anticipate this problem and did not know that I was signing up for a service that did not have any direct customer service reps.

All best will be very appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

tckob1

Use Simon the automated customer service bot. If he can't help ask him for a human and he will guide you into getting in contact with one.

@Timingfeb21  That phone is compatible with Public Mobile. For help with the volume click below:

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-217451/

Timingfeb21
I have a motorola phone and was having a few issues, as per my last email.
Since then:
I managed to input a new number to unblock the phone. I made a few calls.
But, the volume was so low, that I could not hear anything the person was saying.
Can you please give me some input? Below is the Model number and other details.

You mentioned that perhaps my phone is not compatible with the Public Plan.
Is that the case. Verizon told me to contact you and provide you with my details.

MODEL XT1921-8

TYPE: M3B99
SKU: MOTXT19218PP 
TRACK ID: ZY326FSVSW
IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for any assistance you may have to offer.

Kathleen

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Timingfeb21  First you need to make sure that your Motorola phone is compatible with Public Mobile so you need to reply with the actual model number so that we can verify that it will work.

For any phone to work with Public Mobile it needs to support at least 3G bands B2 and B5. Once you provide the model number then we can help you get up and running.

@Timingfeb21 wrote:

I need direction from a human being, please.

I have an American phone - and want to use it in Canada.

It is a motorola and the previous service plan expired it was with Verizon.

I called Verizon technicians to unlock the phone so I could use it here in Alberta, Canada.

I already bought the Public phone service and a new SIM Card (which is inserted)

Verizon techs told me to contact (you) Public cell service and let you know I had a new Public service and new SIM - and that I would be using the Motorola phone (bought in the USA. They gave me an 8 digit code to insert to unlock the phone.

Can you pls. assist with this. My email is:*********or call: ************

I did not anticipate this problem and did not know that I was signing up for a service that did not have any direct customer service reps.

All best will be very appreciated.

Assuming the device is compatible with Public Mobile, restart your device. After that, it should ask you to input the network unlock code, except Verizon phones sometimes use different wording that the norm.  I believe the wording is something such as "use another carrier". You have to select that option after starting up your phone. Some Verizon Motorola devices also display an annoying message every time you turn it on saying something along the lines of "non Verizon sim card', a message which you can dismiss and ignore.

You should also know that the Motorla devices from Verizon sometimes do not work properly out of the box. The first time you try to use it, or after a factory reset, the network settings may look correct, but you need to select the option for the phone to use LTE/3G/GSM preferred or 3g only, even it already looks like it's selected. If you don't do that, phone calls won't work at Public. It's a strange thing that I've noticed with some of the Verizon Motorola devices that causes the HSPA network to be disabled.

Unforutnately, except for very general information, Public Mobile can't really assist that much with device issues as you did not buy the device from them.

Also, you should know that nobody and Public Mobile will be e-mailing or calling you. If you need to contact customer service, that needs to be done through https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Please keep in mind that anything that you post here in this message thread can be seen by anyone with an internet connection, so don't post your contact information.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Timingfeb21 what is the model of your Motorola phone?  Have you activated the Public Mobile SIM card? If you haven't, here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if you need them:

1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Please note your previous providers account must be active to port your number.  The port will close it once its completed. 

If you already activated the sim card. Insert it into the phone, turn it on and use the 8 digit code given to you by Verizon to unlock it.  Once its unlocked. Enter your Wi-Fi password and allow your phone to get any required updates. Restart the phone, enable data and try sending an mms message and surfing the internet.  If this works, you are good to go. If not come back here and ask for help with your APN settings. 

Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.