cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LG K31 compatibility

1974kdawg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That is the phone I bought but I put a screen lock the pattern lock on it and now I cannot remember it because I suffered a stroke last week and now I cannot open my phone

3 REPLIES 3

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@1974kdawg wrote:

That is the phone I bought but I put a screen lock the pattern lock on it and now I cannot remember it because I suffered a stroke last week and now I cannot open my phone

I believe for persons who forgot their screen swipe pattern or passcode, if they have a Google account to which that device was registered -or- if they registered the device with the phone's manufacturer, there may be an option (after several unsuccessful attempts) to utilize that association with the Google account or manufacturer to 'reset' the passcode.

I do not personally know this - but it's worth a shot.

Hope all goes well with you.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@1974kdawg wrote:

Hi @1974kdawg sorry to hear about your recent stroke.  I hope you feel better soon. 🌹

Here's some help from lg.com

Hard Reset (Factory Reset)

If you forget your lock sequence and backup PIN, you will have to perform a hard reset to gain access to your phone.

WARNING!

Performing a hard reset deletes all of your user data, which includes pictures, videos, and music saved to your internal memory. Please make sure to back up your information prior to performing a hard reset.

1. Turn the phone off.

2. Press and hold the following keys at the same time: Volume Down Key + Power/Lock Key

3. Release the Power/Lock Key, only when the LG logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the Power/Lock Key again. 

4.  Release all keys when the Factory hard reset screen is displayed.

5. Press the Power/Lock Key to continue or either of the Volume keys to cancel
  6. Press the Power/Lock Key once more to confirm or either of volume keys to cancel.

I hope this helps.

RosieR

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@1974kdawg 

Sorry to hear about your health issue.  Hope for a speedy recovery.  I started your own thread to gain more visibility for your issue.  

I do not own a LG phone.  However, I believe that you might need to do a factory reset of your phone to access again.  However, I will let other community members chime in.  

edit:

Here is a online article on this issue:

https://www.techlicious.com/tip/what-to-do-if-you-forget-your-android-password/

Need Help? Let's chat.