cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Jethro SC-213 Compatibility

brovogel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey! I have a Jethro model SC213....

I was on a Rogers plan for a while and was hoping to set my grandma up with this phone. Now I'm hoping to use Public mobile.. I seem to have troubles getting things to work out!

Not sure what my problem is exactly!

If you know of anything I'd love to hear it. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Dang, Jethro is ACTUALLY a brand of cell phone..... never heard of 'em! 😮 Makes me wonder if they have 3 other models..... Granny, Jed, & Ellie May! 😉 🤣

Looking at them, it APPEARS that the "SC" in the name stands for "Senior Cell"..... 🤔

That, and after doing a little bit of looking, apparently the Ver.2 of this phone is 3G, and compatible with most/all Canadian carriers.

@brovogel wrote:

Hi, So I guess perhaps my version of Jethro is not compatible with PM sim cards.
I have a SC213 model!

I'm not sure what makes a phone not compatible. If you understand do you want to explain it to me?

thanks

That phone is almost useless in Canada. It can only be used on the Rogers network and Rogers is turning off 2g soon.  As above, you need 3g, but you not any 3g. You need 3g 850 and 3g 1900.

@brovogel  SC213 is a 2G phone.  you need at least a 3G phone to use on PM

brovogel

Hi, So I guess perhaps my version of Jethro is not compatible with PM sim cards.
I have a SC213 model!

I'm not sure what makes a phone not compatible. If you understand do you want to explain it to me?

thanks

you can request the PIN Unlock Key (PUK) from the Mod if it is locked out.

brovogel

Hi again,

So I took out the sim again and waited 5 min and now it's gone to the sim pin code screen.
I tried 7985 which I thought was my pin for this sim card...
I have 2 tires left.

I'm worried I'll do something I shouldn't so I'm gonna wait and see if you have any feed back.

THanks!

@brovogel wrote:

Thanks RosieR

I hope I can put the PUK in and then see what happens.
Thanks for your help. I just submitted a ticket.

@brovogel you're welcome.  There are about 4-5 moderators present right now so I hope you get a reply soon.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon to top right for a number to pop up... that would be the moderator's reply.

Cheers

RosieR

brovogel

Thanks RosieR

I hope I can put the PUK in and then see what happens.
Thanks for your help. I just submitted a ticket.

@brovogel wrote:

I got myself stuck in a PUK code loop. I somehow have to figure out what my PUK code is.
However Rogers never locked my phone and since I don't have an account with them anymore then they can't get my old PUK.
when I have the Public mobile sim card in the phone it is in the PUK input mode when I don't have the sim card in it is the regular opening screen.

... any suggestions or support is appreciated. Thanks 🙂

Hi @brovogel 

EDITED as there is already solution accepted.

Aloha

RosieR

brovogel

I got myself stuck in a PUK code loop. I somehow have to figure out what my PUK code is.
However Rogers never locked my phone and since I don't have an account with them anymore then they can't get my old PUK.
when I have the Public mobile sim card in the phone it is in the PUK input mode when I don't have the sim card in it is the regular opening screen.

... any suggestions or support is appreciated. Thanks 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brovogel : If you manually scan for networks then if you have 3G or WCDMA or UMTS set then it should find Public Mobile.

The phone should work fine. It's likely just settings.

brovogel

ohhh darn I think there is a problem. Its finding the old rogers thing that I used to have!
Yikes how does this happen! I"m not sure how to delete it..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brovogel : So what happens when you touch that Automatic?

brovogel

hummm thanks well I am in network settings and doesn't really look like I have options to change things like you suggested. it's just "Automoatic"

??

Anyhow appreciate your message

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brovogel : Check to see that the networks are set to 3G or WCDMA or UMTS not just GSM.

Don't forget to use a referral code to get a $10 credit.

Need Help? Let's chat.