cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: IS THE POLAROID A600WH ANDROID 6 SMARTPHONE COMPATIBLE WITH THE PM NETWORK?

Umum
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have one of these Polaroid A600 phones.  It works well on Fido network. 

I have created a CWM custom recovery for this phone,  and with it I have rooted the device.  Anyone who needs my CWM recovery to root the phone,  let me know. 

Cheers! 

16 REPLIES 16

Umum

There is a devious and coward group of people who have been poisoning me. They even put toxin on my laptop and in my cars.  They sent fake emails and text messages, etc.

So, if you really own a Polaroid A600 send an email to me at high.tech.2012.2@gmail.com. I will send the TWRP 3.2.3 or CWM Philz via email as attachments. I will outline it to you how to flash it on the Polaroid A600 phone. These custom recovery tools support  SD adopted storage (External SDcard formated as Internal sdcard) and normal Micro SD formated as external sdcard.  I have tested these TWRP and CWM, backing up stock Polcaroid A600 ROM, and reflashing  it, and flashing many ROMS, including  CM 13.0, CM14 on the device.

daiatlus79

ok perfect, looking forward to it! My response has been delayed as i was overhauling my PC setup here in my place - migrated from a workstation to a laptop, and built a new to me gaming PC so i can get rid of two computers that are taking up useless space and chewing through power. btw, my XDA accountname is the same as on here, daiatlus79 (just picked a random ass name for across all of my accounts years ago, a very obscure transformers character with my birth year haha). Can't wait btw, i wanna get this phone set up with a better OS than the 'stock' (crippled) Android that it has - anything about ayear old now doesnt really work and now im getting a lot of "<random app> has stopped working" notifications in other apps, and my low level processes are REALLY lagging out my CPU. 

Umum

I have not created an account over at XDA, but when I do, I will create this account with a name "I am being targeted by coward criminals with badges".

daiatlus79

what name do you go by on XDA?

daiatlus79

that would be greatly appreciated!!! when you do, inbox me with the link please, as i wanna get a better rom on this phone, like a custom rom along the lines of LineageOS, something that can actually update and run new apps. for some reason around March, ALL of the popular apps that weren't made by Google stopped running well, and according to my CPU monitor, it's bogged down by low level processes, as my blue bar was HUGE!! rolling back to apps from around October last year and it all runs perfectly. 

Umum

Last December I bought another Polaroid A600 (Black) and built a TWRP custom recovery.

I will post a How-to on the TWRP and CWM on XDA forum.

For those who are curious,  Polaroid A600 can run Samsung S8 ROM.

daiatlus79

ugh that's frustrating. i wish ppl like that would post in the XDA threads, as they dont depend on provider. 

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@daiatlus79 wrote:

me please!!! i got one and want to reflash it with a Custom Android Rom

Honestly your only option would be to PM him/her and hope that they still use the same email and they still have email notifications on. Otherwise I don't think it would be possible to reach him/her as they haven't been on this forum for 6 months so I assume they are not with this provider anymore.

daiatlus79

daiatlus79

lon2018
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could have a copy of your CWM? I am wanting to root my A600 but couldn't do with other methods.

Also which Samsung ROM works with this a600?

Umum

This phone is actually rated as 4G capable phone,  so it should also be backward compatible with 3G. 

Also,  since I have rooted the phone,  I could make a full phone filesystem backup easily and I was able to fix the inprefection with the audio being low when not on speaker while on the phone conversations. 

Yesterday,  I tried the Samsung ROM on my Polaroid A600, and it ran well and fast,  better than the stock ROM.  

Having the phone rooted allows me to use few different ROMs and choose the one with best functionalities,  features and GUI.   I feel like buying another one of these. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

If it works on Fido 3g, then it will also work on Public Mobile.

@Umum this is an important point, "3G" on Fido.  Rogers also operates an older 2G GSM network which Telus and Bell do not, so if your phone happens to rely on GSM for calls and texts you will be unable to use those services with Public Mobile (or Koodo, Virgin, Bell).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

If it works on Fido 3g, then it will also work on Public Mobile.

Thanks for sharing @Umum

Thanks @Luddite for making this post more visible. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Umum Thanks for the info. Because you posted to an old thread I have moved it to increase its visibility. 

In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.