cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have a question to ask

biju822
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the Easyfone A4 Prime. When I insert my public mobile SIM I am able to send and receive text messages and phone calls no problem but the data will not work. 

I have gone through the following thread but the solution there did not work for me:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/I-have-a-question-to-ask/m-p/486476#M...

One question I had regarding that thread is that it references the network settings on the phone. They are as follows:

These are the settings

Network Account:

Telus

Telus ISP

Clearnet

Koodo

when Clicking Telus, 

Name Telus

Username

Passwords

Access Point  sp.telus.com

Auth type  Pap, Cgap, Pap or Chap, None

IP type  Botrh, Ipv4,  Ipv6

Gateway  74.49.0.18

Port  80

Set Homepage  http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mmsc

Advanced settings  DNS address   0.0.0.0

Network type  HTTP

I was wondering what userid and passwd to use in those settings as that is the only part of the thread that I am uncertain of.

I have moved my public mobile SIM that I was using in this phone to a Samsung Galaxy S10 and verified that I am able to use data with that SIM. I have also tried a Bell and a Rogers SIM in the Easyfone A4 and data worked fine. I am not able to get it to work with the Public Mobile SIM though. 

When I try to connect to the internet on the Easyfone with the Public mobile SIM I receive the error message dial failed.

10 REPLIES 10

biju822

That got it working. Thank you!!! 

@biju822 wrote:

I have the Easyfone A4 Prime. When I insert my public mobile SIM I am able to send and receive text messages and phone calls no problem but the data will not work. 

I have gone through the following thread but the solution there did not work for me:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/I-have-a-question-to-ask/m-p/486476#M...

One question I had regarding that thread is that it references the network settings on the phone. They are as follows:

These are the settings

Network Account:

Telus

Telus ISP

Clearnet

Koodo

when Clicking Telus, 

Name Telus

Username

Passwords

Gateway  74.49.0.18

Port  80

Network type  HTTP

I was wondering what userid and passwd to use in those settings as that is the only part of the thread that I am uncertain of.

For the APN settings, username and password should be left blank. In any event, those settings that you have there won't work. You must use the Public Mobile settings. The access point should be sp.mb.com .

@biju822 wrote:

I apologize everyone I thought I was replying to a specific thread I was reading and it looks like I started a new one. Please ignore this post and I will try again to post to the proper thread so that people know what I am talking about. 😥

I've lost track of it, but I think there was a post showing the fix within the thread where you first posted.

EDIT: here it is: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/I-have-a-question-to-ask/m-p/486587/h...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@biju822  you don't have to start a new thread just clarify in this one. Or edit your original post by clicking on the top three dots in the post. 

biju822

I apologize everyone I thought I was replying to a specific thread I was reading and it looks like I started a new one. Please ignore this post and I will try again to post to the proper thread so that people know what I am talking about. 😥

biju822

Sorry I have the same problem described in this thread using the Easyfone A4 prime.

These are the settings

Network Account:

Telus

Telus ISP

Clearnet

Koodo

when Clicking Telus, 

Name Telus

Username

Passwords

Gateway  74.49.0.18

Port  80

Network type  HTTP

I am wondering what should be used for the user name and password under these settings. I tried my userid and passwd that I use online to access my account information but that did not work.

When I use a rogers or bell SIM everything works fine.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@biju822 wrote:

Where would I get my userid and password?

I am having the same issue

Can I assume that you are talking about your self serve account?

You would have one when you set up your self serve it would be your email that you used.

If you have not set up a self-serve account you can do so Register for your self serve account 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@biju822 You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum  (which I have done for you today), or, if appropriate, submitting a ticket to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@biju822 wrote:

Where would I get my userid and password?

I am having the same issue

Your userid is your email address. If you have more than one email address look through them for a welcome message from PM when you signed up. You can then use the Forgot your password link on the self service page.

If you are still having problems you will need to contact a moderator for assistance;

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”.

Step 5: Then choose “No, I want a human”.

Step 6: Create your ticket.

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.