cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I set up data/APN on my smartphone?

maximedulude
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a phone called Ulefone Paris that in theory should work on your network but it doesnt... When I put my SIM card in it, it sees it as a Telus phone but when I click on Telus 4G it says : Not able to connect at this time, try again later..... and nothing....

12 REPLIES 12

@Martin You have just given me a powerful weapon to explain my infelicities: the rain! 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @DK,

It's about time you replied!

778 took my post seriously, and was trying to mediate what he didn't realize was an in-joke. In his defence, he lives in Raincouver, and quite possibly the precipitation is getting the better of his faculties.

Food for thought!

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Martin

Lol...

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

It's OK; you're forgiven!

Me

Sorry! Smiley Tongue

signed,

Mr Outsider

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi 778,

My being thrown under the bus by @DK is an in-joke.

FYI.

@Martin You weren't thrown under the bus. @DK only added to what you said.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @DK,

You didn't throw me under the bus! WOW!

LOL.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To add to what @Martin has said, your phone is only compatible with Rogers/Fido network and there subsidiary carriers such as chatr, speak out, petro canada mobility, zoomer and cityfone networks. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

I did further research in order to explain to you the reason that your phone is incompatible.

Your phone supports 850 MHz and 1900 MHz on a 2G network. Those frequencies are required by PM's network, but the network is 3G, not 2G.

2100 MHz is supported by your phone, but 1700 MHz, which is also necessary, is not.

FYI.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

I regret to inform you that, according to www.willmyphonework.net, the Ulephone Paris is NOT compatible with PM's network.

FYI.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @maximedulude,

Have you checked your phone's IMEI? It will be able to tell you whether your phone can work on the frequency of the Public Mobile network. Your phone should also be unlocked.

Follow these steps:

1) Dial *#06# on your phone. A 15-digits number should appear.

2) Go to imei.info and enter this number.

3) Look for the HSPA/3G sections: if the frequencies 850/1900 Mhz appear then that means your phone is indeed functional. If not... We'll have to look at other possibilities.

Take a look at this screenshot, it'll show you what to look for.

screenshot-imei.png

Keep me updated!

Thanks,

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.