cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

@BearFBI wrote:

@z10user4 I use MST pretty often. It works all the time. You just have to position the phone to the swipe card reader and it works instantly. Its really cool. The cashiers get so confused because their terminal dosent accept NFC

@BearFBI 

That's great. I really liked the idea too. I've waved the back of the phone up and down, back and forth, along the side, along the top...never got a connection. I kinda doubt the cheap plastic case would block it but maybe I should try that. It's partly why I went to Google Pay after I figured out Tasker to turn on the NFC.

Although turns out I've decided on another Samsung product. Another so-called international version that apparently has NFC. We'll see if it works with either Pay. Maybe it'll arrive in the mail sometime in 2022.

A little discouraging that your Samsung Pay doesn't work. Have you tried Google Pay?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

Thanks ! Now i know samsung pay wont work (not that i wanted it too) maybe i can get it off my

phone?!!

And youve explained how customers were able to for their bill with their phone at work if i still have a job to go back too?!!

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@z10user4 Yes I've tried Google Pay. Google pay is great too. I use it for instant checkout online. The only problem with Google Pay is that you loose MST functionality. If i payed 1000$ for a phone I would like to use the included MST feature.

Highlighted

Grrrr. There's no quote button on my phone.

@darlicious I'm not sure. I dont think you can Remove it. You would have to install a custom ROM or Root it. 

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

"And youve explained how customers were able to for their bill with their phone at work if i still have a job to go back too?!!"

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI wrote:

@z10user4 Yes I've tried Google Pay. Google pay is great too. I use it for instant checkout online. The only problem with Google Pay is that you loose MST functionality. If i payed 1000$ for a phone I would like to use the included MST feature.

Have you used Google Pay for contactless purchasing?

I agree with buying a feature, you jolly well want it to work.

Highlighted

@z10user4 Yeah I have. I prefer Google pay for NFC payments. If Google pay could support MST i probably would switch to using that in store. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI wrote:

@z10user4 Yeah I have. I prefer Google pay for NFC payments. If Google pay could support MST i probably would switch to using that in store. 

Ok good. I'm getting an "international" Samsung sometime too and wondered it it will work here.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

As in how customers could wave their phone over the pos terminal to pay ....i didnt understand how that technology worked without a chip in a card for the terminal to read. Im old school i started  working before you even needed an authorization code and they just trusted card holders to sign the hard copy slip and pay their bill....a couple years later we had to call for an authorization code and after that they introduced the automatic imprinter that you put the hard copy and the credit card in to imprint and swipe the card so it would call for an authorization code that you had to write on the slip....now your phone pays your bill, starts your car and can almost drive you home if it was allowed!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

Somebody mentioned that Fido note offers 4 gigs for$10, it's temporary promo.

I had no problem locating store that would get 1st time customer on that plan. It cannot be Walmart or some other mobile shop, it must be a Fido store and you should call and ask they will tell you if they are willing to do it, it was the second store I called.

I doubt I will ever again get a single sim card, even if everyone offers esim

Highlighted

@totalUser Hmm interesting. Yeah I saw its 4GB for 10$ for 2 years I think.