cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Compatible phones

toocool
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have s10 plus model sm-g975u ..can't get it to connect to network. I inputted APN: sp.mb.com, mmsc: http://alias redirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc, MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18, MMS port: 80, MCC: 302,  MNC: 220.  It shows 3 to 4 bars, but won't connect...now I did put in sim before I started phone...I tried reset network and reboot.  Any suggestions?

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toocool : I was suggesting to restart with no SIM in.

toocool

I fully shut down phone ...restart it..it say emergency calls only...top left...try to text or call and it says not connected to network. Finally it connects to pm ..LTE but I can't talk or text and then it loses network... Back to emergency calls only...Rogers and koodo sims in same phone..no issue. I tried reset phone with sim card in. Same thing... emergency calls only..finally picks up pm...but can't call or text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toocool : The APN only matters for data or MMS. Get to that later. Your problem is that that particular phone doesn't like PM somehow.

Can you fully shut down the phone, pull the SIM, restart the phone, after completion fully shut down the phone, re-insert SIM and restart. See what if anything happens. Watch for any messages if any.

toocool

I checked Canadian and international IMEI blacklists and they come back clean.

@toocool   it does sound like it is blacklisted.. Please open a ticket with Mod to confirm..

toocool

First time I let phone set APN settings...after that didn't work...I set APN settings to match pm forum .. settings I posted...it would connect to pm network ..says LTE..I managed to send a test text...then I tried to make a call.. didn't work...went back to try a text and it didn't work and went back to emergency calls only

did you enter the APN yourself or the phone picks it up?

your issue is that the phone now seeing Public Mobile at all..

toocool

I will give it a try...my APN settings were all good right?

can you leave your PM SIM in the phone and do a factory reset with it inside?

toocool

I see Telus, bell, Rogers and freedom only...no, unable to make calls. 

yes.. Koodo and PM should share the same blacklist...

you not able to make outgoing calls or not receive incoming?

do you see Public Mobile showing on top?

if you do manual network selection , what do you see?

toocool

Yes, bought it from someone. It's not blacklisted..I checked..and my friends koodo and Rogers sims worked in this s10+ phone. 

can you at least able to make outgoing calls or receiving incoming?

what is showing on top of the screen? do you see Public Mobile ?

if you don't, can you go to manually select Public Mobile from the mobile network list?

where you get this S10+ from? you just bought it off from someone?

check if the phone is blacklisted
 https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

toocool

Yes, my pm sim is still working in my google pixel phone...I tried my wife's pm sim from her s9 and it won't work either in this s10+

If koodo works, PM should have no problem.  

did you try your PM SIM on another phone to confirm your PM sim is working ?

toocool

Yes, new phone...I did a factory reset twice. I tried Rogers and koodo sims from friends phones and they worked on this phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@toocool  you have joined PM for some time and you are just changing phone?  

did you try a factory reset of the phone?  if this is a new phone to you.. try it.. 

Need Help? Let's chat.