cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cellular data not working on iphone SE

JCM44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Keep getting the message  "Could not activate cellular data network"  when I try to use data. I have reset network settings, but still not able to use my data.

4 REPLIES 4

@JuliaFranz765 wrote:

Hi, 

I went through a long process with the Public Mobile help desk. They were very informative but the agent at the end essentially told me that some phones simply need to be Factory Reset before you insert a new SIM card. They are made with this security feature for some reason. I had this issue with my LG V20. After I had saved all my files onto my drive or my computer, I did a factory reset and the Data worked right after! 

Hope this helps!

It's good to hear that the the moderators were able to help you, but this isn't a security feature. It's flat-out an LG bug. This can't be considered a secuirty feaature because if you take your sim card out and insert a sim card from the same carrier, no factory reset will be required to get the data to work.

JuliaFranz765
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I went through a long process with the Public Mobile help desk. They were very informative but the agent at the end essentially told me that some phones simply need to be Factory Reset before you insert a new SIM card. They are made with this security feature for some reason. I had this issue with my LG V20. After I had saved all my files onto my drive or my computer, I did a factory reset and the Data worked right after! 

Hope this helps!

JCM44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the information. I did most of the things you had listed but still could not get the data to work. Finally, I did a hard shutdown and everything finally worked.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@JCM44 

Here are some simple troubleshooting.

1) Make sure you delete all profile you installed (especially if you come from Freedom/Wind). You can do so at Settings > General > Profiles. (If you don't see it you are good to go)

2) (It is likely your case) Check Settings > General > About > Carrier, make sure you are on "Public Mobile 28.0".

Older iOS verison will not allow you to update Carrier Profile automatically, you may wish to upgrade to iOS 10. You can also use online APN profile installer (http://www.unlockit.co.nz).

3) Check Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data is on. 

4) Restart your phone. Remove your SIM card and place back in again.

5) Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

I do not recommend resetting your iPhone in the first place since it is not necessary in many cases. Check this out: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201415

Hope it helps! If you still have question, just ask the community here!

Need Help? Let's chat.