Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Blackberry compatable

jharvey76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can you please confirm if blackberry curve 9300 3G is compatable

4 REPLIES 4

@srlawren Thanks, forgot that feature of older Blackberries! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite FYI regardless of network support, any BlackBerry device older than a Z10--so all the Curve, Bold, Storm, etc series--need either a BIS or BES for any data to flow.  PM doesn't run a BIS server so you're out of luck, unless you have a corporate-provided BES sever.  I'm betting those are getting quite uncommon by late 2017....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@jharvey76 You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum  (which I have done for you today).

Depends on which model you have. From https://willmyphonework.net

BlackBerry Curve 9300 - Carrier Frequencies Canada, Public Mobile

3G Bands 1,2,5
ResultCarrier Network does not support 2G
Result 850MHz, 1900MHz
Result Device does not support 4G LTE bands
3G Bands 1,4,8
ResultCarrier Network does not support 2G
Result Device not compatible
Result Device does not support 4G LTE bands

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jharvey76 wrote:

Can you please confirm if blackberry curve 9300 3G is compatable

@jharvey76 possibly, somewhat.  There are two different models, with differing 3G frequencies: (source: GSM Arena)

3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
 HSDPA 900 / 1700 / 2100

If your version is the latter with 900/1700/2100, it is completely useless with Public Mobile.  if it is the version with 850/1900/2100, you will be able to use it for phone calls and SMS text messaging just fine.  However, neither version will give you any data since Public Mobile does not run a BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) server not support phones running classic BlackBerry OS such as the 9300 does.  [If it is a company-provided work phone and your company runs a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Service) server that you have access to, you should be able to use data services.]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.