cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on the Huawei P10 Lite

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Just curious, for the Huawei P10 Lite 32GB Octa Core 3GB RAM LTE International Version (Blue)

Will This handset be compatible with the Telus HSPA+4G?

4FDD LTE: Band 2/4/5/7/28 UMTS (WCDMA) / HSPA+ / DC-HSDPA: Band 1/2/4/5/8 GSM / EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz Secondary SIM card: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

5 REPLIES 5

mtanlgg3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a little late to the party, but I recently purchased a P10 Lite and I love it.  Coming from an LG G3, going to even this mid-range smart phone was a huuuge step up for me. The camera is great and offers a lot more functions than the LG G3, such as setting the shutter speed. The phone itself is gorgeous, thin, and light. I bought the white one and it looks very sharp.

However, it was a lot of work to get my hands on one since Telus doesn't carry it, and you can't buy it directly from the manufacturer unlocked. I saw it on Amazon for a good price, but it is the unlocked international version which does not come with a manufacturer's warranty.

I was really keen on getting a warranty, so I bought it on the BestBuy Marketplace here: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/huawei-p10-lite-32gb-smartphone-graphite-black-factory-unlocked...
It is a seller warranty, not a manufacturer warranty, but I figured it was better than nothing, since Best Buy would probably help me out if the seller was difficult.

When the phone arrived, it was in an Amazon prime box! A bit more research and I found out that there are multiple sellers of this phone on Amazon, and I had infact bought this phone through seller JP Mobiles (the same one I knew I was purchasing from on BestBuy): https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06ZYC2YTW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1BN7MA8ELLJY5&psc=1

So I don't know how the ordering works through the BestBuy Marketplace with the seller and Amazon coming in to the picture some how, but I did get my phone and it was unlocked.

The phone was the international version, and all of the instructions came in Spanish, saying something about Colombia. Once I started the phone, the only thing I found relating to this fact was when I tried to make a Huawei account, it did not have Canada or the US listed. I assume that is because this phone wasn't actually supposed to go to Canada or the US. So I just skipped making a Huawei account and continued with setting up my phone. Everything was smooth, and the phone works absolutely perfectly with Public Mobile.

For $350, I absolutely would recommend this phone. It works wonderfully and runs smooth. No problems connected to PM's network for calls, texts, or data. I play a lot of Pokemon Go, and use my phone a lot through the day and I have never run out of battery prematurely. I love this phone.

jsfx3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Mind if i ask if you've bought one yet, and how you like it? I am considering a 

Huawei P10 if i can find one unlocked somewhere.

Yes, it has HSPA B2 and B5.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-know-if-my-phone-will-work-o...

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

As This handset is still new, NOT 100% Sure, the Will My phone work site doesn't have this handset listed yet

Need Help? Let's chat.