cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puk code

dave-420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need a puk code because my sim is locked now and I've submitted a ticket about the problem. The mod contacted me requiring more info such as my account number and the last 4 digits of my credit card. The email also stated do not reply to this email. But to start a new ticket. Why can't I just talk to the mod in the xxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com? Where do I reply the information requested to? Where do I look for responses because I want my phone back up and running.  This no customer service really sucks

Edit: email address removed. Dunkman

35 REPLIES 35

@dave-420  Unfortunately no one on the forums can help you with your issue. We are all customers like you.

The moderators work for Public Mobile. They are the only ones that can help you. Which is why we said to open a ticket for moderators.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dave-420 wrote:

Please help me the problem has not been resolved

Did you manage to submit a ticket to the moderators? Or the other method of a direct private message? These were laid out for you earlier in this thread.

If you did then you need to wait for the little indication above the little envelope in the upper right area next to your triangle avatar.

A way to check to see that a ticket got submitted is to click on your Sent folder to see if your ticket is there. Or just the sent message if done that way.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dave-420 wrote:

I need a puk code because my sim is locked now and I've submitted a ticket about the problem. The mod contacted me requiring more info such as my account number and the last 4 digits of my credit card. The email also stated do not reply to this email. But to start a new ticket. Why can't I just talk to the mod in the xxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com? Where do I reply the information requested to? Where do I look for responses because I want my phone back up and running. 

Did you respond to the moderator team's questions via private message yet?  Moderator needs to confirm your identification prior to helping further.  If you have responded, unfortunately, you need to wait.  Check the envelope icon on the right upper corner of web page.  Moderator response time has been longer than usual. Before the last week or so, moderator response times was within a few hours.  Recently 1-2 days....  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/verify-your-identity

dave-420

Howbdo I start over? Now that I know how a thread works

dave-420

What do u mean by services? If I click on change sim card will that lock me out of this sim because the nearest retailer is 2 hours away and I just want my service working again. When I insert sim into my phone it directly goes to enter puk screen

dave-420

Please help me the problem has not been resolved

@XionBunny  yup or they don't read the thread and ask same question that's been asked an hour later or simply a complete wrong answer. Just to get the post count up for a reward. 

Hope it changes soon considering the Oracle application thread does say "Mentor Members" haven't seen that done in awhile. Maybe with the new additions they'll start that who knows. 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

Nobody's pissed off. Just trying to help. It's frustrating for regulars when the help they provide is ignored. But what you do at your end is up to you.

Hope you hang around. The cell service is great. The rates are good. The rewards are great.

Just a little bump along the way for you.

I recommend using biometrics or a pattern for phone security next time and not bother with the SIM PIN security. The SIM PIN is rarely used so one can easily forget it ...blunts or not.

It's even worse when people just copy-paste responses on here to get post counts up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nobody's pissed off. Just trying to help. It's frustrating for regulars when the help they provide is ignored. But what you do at your end is up to you.

Hope you hang around. The cell service is great. The rates are good. The rewards are great.

Just a little bump along the way for you.

I recommend using biometrics or a pattern for phone security next time and not bother with the SIM PIN security. The SIM PIN is rarely used so one can easily forget it ...blunts or not.

dave-420

But until then I still need my phone not to lock when sim card is inserted so I'll be watching my private messages.. in the mean while I'll just spin some bowls 

dave-420

Maybe I'll just stick around and keep having problems from my ************ cause I'm sure I'm the only one ***************** all day long ... so maybe ***************** around and ********************

@dave-420  keep in mind Public Plan's are not monthly but 30 days.

If you're leaving. Log into your account and check next payment due date. Be sure to transfer your number to another company before that date.

Also while in your account. Click "Payment" then manage my card bottom left. Remove your credit card from the system.

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

Take care happy puffin 😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dave-420 wrote:

What I do in my own time is my business.  Maybe help on here sucks and frustrating when a person is not so tech savy

Absolutely. But you've been given all the guidance you need. Then you made another thread. If you're not so tech "savy" then you might not want to hamper your faculties and get through it with a clear head.

dave-420

I'll be changing careers next month .. dont even bother replying I ain't waiting any more of my time on this **bleep** I'll just go to different provider. One with a call center with an actual person to talk to not some ***************** 

dave-420

What I do in my own time is my business.  Maybe help on here ******** and frustrating when a person is not so tech savy

lol boy!

be patient it is most likely going to take a day. keep checking your pm inbox every 1-2 hours

did this just randomly happen? maybe you're getting hacked...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe put away the herbs for the time being and concentrate on the guidance being offered. You need to contact the moderators.

@dave-420 

Like we told you on your other thread (which Oracle's will merge this one into) 

You have to contact moderators.

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

They work for public mobile and the only ones that can give it to you. The forum's are all customers like you.

Or private message them 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@dave-420 wrote:
  • How do i easily get the puk code so i can continue my service??

The following is from another post from the Oracle @Luddite 

The following should help to delineate the various PIN messages that can occur:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. As noted by @Triguy Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

dave-420
  • How do i easily get the puk code so i can continue my service??

@dave-420  Unfortunately Public Mobile support is all online. Says this on their main page before you even sign up.

Screenshot_20210110_224852.jpg

It could take up to 48 hours as per help article.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-support 

Screenshot_20210110_224743.jpg

dave-420

I live nowhere near a dealer to buy a new card.. they dont seem to want to help me cause it's been 17 hours since they last contacted me... 1800publicmo would be a good number to call for us *************. I just want my phone working again 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

There's more information here, @dave-420 

Where to find your PUK (publicmobile.ca)

After selecting the above, and then clicking on the area to submit a ticket to the Moderator by clicking where the here is indicated, type "Need PUK code", then select from the list based on what PUK message you received.

@dave-420 wrote:

Why would it be locked to previous carrier when I've been using this phone for 4 months now?

Since you've been using the phone, you're right that you do need the SIM card's PUK.  Unfortunately, only the moderators can provide you with that. Changing to a new SIM card would eliminate the need for this code, although I agree that you shouldn't have to replace it.

@dave-420 ,

Do you have services? If not, check the 4-digits of your SIM match the 4-digits listed on your SELF SERVE account, found here, under "Change Sim Card":

esjliv_0-1610335880200.png

If the 4-digts DO NOT match, then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on your account. 

Change passwords and security questions to your SELF SERVE account right away and check your financials. 

Let the moderators know about this as well.  By checking your Private Message Box while signed into your Community Account.

dave-420

Why would it be locked to previous carrier when I've been using this phone for 4 months now?

You submit a ticket this way:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

All communications are done in the private messaging system. The emails are just notifications of the fact you got a private message.

Click on the subject to see the whole message and be able to reply to it.

dave-420

Yea it was an inbox but I also got emails. Sorry but how do I submit a ticket and communicate like this? Not 17 hours later still looking for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.