cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puk code

dave-420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need a puk code because my sim is locked now and I've submitted a ticket about the problem. The mod contacted me requiring more info such as my account number and the last 4 digits of my credit card. The email also stated do not reply to this email. But to start a new ticket. Why can't I just talk to the mod in the xxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com? Where do I reply the information requested to? Where do I look for responses because I want my phone back up and running.  This no customer service really sucks

Edit: email address removed. Dunkman

35 REPLIES 35

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @dave-420 

I expect you're receiving the e-mail because you have your Community account messages being sent to your e-mail.   This is a setting you can make on your Community profile settings.

It's accurate you won't be able to respond to the e-mail on your traditional e-mail system.

As @esjliv stated, this message originated in your Community private message box, and is likely from the Moderator team (which is Public Mobile's customer service group)

Go there to read and reply to Private Messages.

Cheers

@dave-420 wrote:

I need a puk code because my sim is locked now and I've submitted a ticket about the problem. The mod contacted me requiring more info such as my account number and the last 4 digits of my credit card. The email also stated do not reply to this email. But to start a new ticket. Why can't I just talk to the mod in the xxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com? Where do I reply the information requested to? Where do I look for responses because I want my phone back up and running.  This no customer service really sucks

What's the exact on-screen message?  Were the phone's security features enable so that it prompted you for the SIM card's PIN?  it would only be asking for the SIM card's PUK if the PIN was entered incorrectly multiple times.  The default PIN for all Public Mobile SIM cards is 1234.

If your phone is asking for a "SIM Network Unlock PUK", that means that your phone is locked to another carrier.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dave-420  and please edit your post to remove any personal information.This is a public forum.

To edit it, hit the 3 dots at top, right of your post.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@dave-420  Click 3 dots on right of your post and click edit reply. Remove your email. Everyone on this public forum can see it. That's a no no.

To reach mods 

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

  

Or send them a private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @dave-420 

Reply to the message you received from the Moderator. See the envelope upper right corner of your Community page:

esjliv_0-1610335002448.png

EDIT:

Oh, you received an email? I assumed it was a message in your Community Inbox...?

Then please see @Jb456 's post about the 2 ways to contact the moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.