cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PublicMobile sim card in Rogers iPhone 5s?

Nano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Android phone with a public mobile sim card. I was wondering if I could put my sim card into a Rogers iPhone 5s (unlocked) ?

12 REPLIES 12

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @Nano - If you can wait for a SIM, you can always order a replacement SIM that is free of charge; @Martin 's second post in this thread talks about that.  

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Actually metallic part is not the same on all SIM cards, although over the last few years it has been the same. Even if it the metallic part is big, you can cut into the metallic part to make it a nano or micro. I own a cutter but preferrer using regular scissors if I need to cut into the metallic part.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

A cellphone shop won't cut a SIM card for free, but will charge a few dollars. Ask before handing over the card for cutting. If more than $10 is required, walk!

BTW, I googled the size of a nano card. Though the metallic part remains the same regardless of the size of a card, it's the card itself that varies in size. A nano is 12 mm x 9 mm x 0.7 mm.

FYI.

Nano
Aha thanks for all this and one last thing will this "procedure" above cost anything? ^^

Nano
Aha thanks for all this and one last thing wi

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

I edited my post of 10:40 p.m. EDT.

Please reread it.

Thank you.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi,

If the SIM card is about the size of your smallest finger's fingernail, that probably would make it a nano. To be 100% certain, go into a Staples, Best Buy, Walmart, Costco or a cell phone shop and ask if your SIM card is a nano or not.

Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello once again,

I presume that you know this, but, just to make sure, you must configure the APN settings for Internet data and MMS in keeping with Public Mobile's requirements.

FYI.

Nano
How do I identify if it is a nano sim card?

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

Further to my above post, your iPhone requires a nano SIM card. Do you currently have one? If not, you can either go to a cell phone store to have your larger card cut to size, or, after watching appropriate YouTube videos, you can cut it yourself.

If you wish to obtain a new SIM card, click Contact Us on this site's home page. Another page will open with Email Away on it. Click that. Another page will open with radio buttons. Select the buttons pertaining to your situation and a web form will be displayed. Complete the form, including an alternate phone number, and submit it to Public Mobile. In approximately two weeks, you will receive a new nano SIM card.

Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

Yes, you can and there won't be any problems.

I hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.