cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile says I do not have talk plan, but I do?!

greenwave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

15 REPLIES 15

greenwave

I disabled  "assisted dialling" under phone settings.  Which automatically adds the country code based on your location. This fixed the issue.

@greenwaveIf you have 2 ones preappended you might want to check your dialer and regional settings make sure your phone knows you are in North America. Another one to check is how your phone numbers are stored in your Contacts.

When people mention the + when dialing it is relying on the phone to figure out how to dial.

From what you have described it sounds like your Public Mobile account is fine but just your software is a bit screwed up. Try dialing manually the numbers you wanted to dial but failed to confirm to see if this is true.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@greenwave wrote:

Just checked, the number quickly flashes up on screen with 11 in front of the 10 digits.  

eg  112506885555

Interesting. One 1 is fine but not the second 1. I wonder if that's an automatic setting somewhere to assume inserting a 1 even though there's already a 1 there that it doesn't really know about but it just sticks it in anyway.

I'm assuming that's a fake number by the way.

greenwave

I have a Mi A1  with android pie

greenwave

Just checked, the number quickly flashes up on screen with 11 in front of the 10 digits.  

eg  112506885555

Alvito

@greenwave wrote:

I have resolved my problem. I only get the message, " your current plan does not include talk", when I initiate the call via my call history. If I  use the dial pad or my contact list to initate the call the call goes through.

Weird but true

Which phone do you have??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@greenwave 

Weird indeed. Thanks for the update. Is there anything different about the numbers? Or do they look identical to dialing or contacts?

greenwave

I have resolved my problem. I only get the message, " your current plan does not include talk", when I initiate the call via my call history. If I  use the dial pad or my contact list to initate the call the call goes through.

Weird but true

Alvito

I'm having the same problem. I'm enrolled in autopay, and since Monday my service has been suspended due to non-payment. I'm disappointed. This should not be happening. My credit card information has not change, June's renewal worked just fine. Public Mobile needs to get their act together and fix this. AND make up for the three days that I was unable to use data while in homedepot and in my car trying to use maps.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@greenwave wrote:

It Seems like many people are having the same problem.    must be a public mobile issue not my phone or a payment issue.

Yes but it could also simply be that people have run out of minutes or some other reason not related to what does seem to be a system problem...again.

So it would be preferable to get the easy possibilities out of the way before having to wait for the moderators to ever get back to you.

greenwave

It Seems like many people are having the same problem.    must be a public mobile issue not my phone or a payment issue.

greenwave

I have been on autopay now for months and discovered problem this morning trying to make call. My account says I have 98 of 100 minutes left.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Post a screen shot of your plan details.

Dial 1 ahead of the number you want to call and ignore the long distant message you hear. You won't be charged anything extra.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@greenwave, is this a new account or existing one?  I have seen customers reporting problems with renewals recently.  Can you look into the self serve account and see if there is anything that appears out of place.  Providing additional feedback would help the community with giving some focused suggestions. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@greenwave 

psf.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.