cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile selling new or refurbished phones?

ssouza01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will we see Public Mobile selling new or refurbished phones? Would love to see that happen, please someone confirm.

8 REPLIES 8

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think it would be interesting to see PM sell cheaper low end phones or even used and refurbished ones.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I doubt

Actually hope not, that means stores, tech support, return center, all the book keeping for it, this is simpler and cleaner

Kijiji Amazon Craigslist Orchid Canadian computers factory direct and many they local small stores are great source

Public Mobile wouldn't announce anything, if its coming, until they're ready.  Almost anything posted here is only going to be speculation. And, anyone who does know isn't going to say anything in case Public changes their mind.

https://recy-cell.ca/en/cellphones/used-samsung/

@ssouza01 

Public mobile did sell phones in the beginning but since it was bought by telus any chance of that happening again is highly unlikely. There are many both larger retailers and small businesses that sell refurbished phones. Do a search in your local area  and support a small business or there are several on the internet and you can support a canadian business. Buying off of places like craigslist or kijiji is definitely buyer beware because weve heard too many stories of good deals that get blacklisted after a few weeks.....

Above is an example of what you can find online....

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ssouza01 I think, not in the closest future. Right now, they focus on selling plans only, but who knows....

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ssouza01 hi I don't really see it happening but who knows, with their new kiosks popping up everywhere they may start to sell a few 😁

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

HI@ssouza01 , 

I would guess that not providing phones would keep overhead low for Public Mobile, which keeps our rates down, hopefully!

But, I get where you are coming from. If someone wants a phone, look for an older model on sale at places, they do come up now and then.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not sell phones.  I think they use to but that was several years ago.

You could try looking at Bestbuy.ca or Staples.ca.  You can also buy new phones from AliExpress if you can wait for longer shipping periods.

Need Help? Let's chat.