cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile is FULLY FUNCTIONAL on the Samsung Gear S smartwatch!

the1nonly214
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For those of you who are looking for a cost efficient plan for your smart watch, I have fully tested and currently use the public mobile service on my Samsung Gear S smart watch. Phone, text and data all fully functional with LTE data speeds achieved! Just a heads up for any other techies out there who want to maximize the potential of their gear watch!

6 REPLIES 6

ThatSeaOtter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Solved.

It was paired with a mobile that couldn't make calls. Disabled bluetooth on the Gear S and test voice call worked. Yay!

ThatSeaOtter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I'm just getting started on setup of a Gear S. At the moment, I can receive calls but not make outgoing calls... Did you have to do anything special during setup?

It's my assumption that the Geat S is network unlocked.

Cheers!

the1nonly214

I had the pebble when I was using an iPhone I loved that thing such a simple concept yet so efficient! Take my word though the gear S has so many features the screen of the pebble is still by far, more superior IMHO.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@the1nonly214 wrote:

smartwatches are like switching over to the dark side, ever since the gear 1 came out I couldn't function without it. Now that this gear watch is a full fledged phone essentially, it's insane how much I rely on it for communication I highly recommend the switch but be forewarned it does tend to get pricy the hardware is expensive protection for the hardware is additional (if you are as overprotective as I am) and you are paying 2 cell phone bills all in all if you have the funds and are truly in tune with the way telecommunications is headed hop on board I assure you you will love the experience.

I own the original Pebble smart watch, at first I thought it was just a gimmick but like you said it's amazing how much we rely on them now. 

the1nonly214

smartwatches are like switching over to the dark side, ever since the gear 1 came out I couldn't function without it. Now that this gear watch is a full fledged phone essentially, it's insane how much I rely on it for communication I highly recommend the switch but be forewarned it does tend to get pricy the hardware is expensive protection for the hardware is additional (if you are as overprotective as I am) and you are paying 2 cell phone bills all in all if you have the funds and are truly in tune with the way telecommunications is headed hop on board I assure you you will love the experience.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't crossed over to the mobile watch side of things yet but good to know it functions seamlessly.
Need Help? Let's chat.