cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile esim following Telus and Koodo?

AnonA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My apologies if this has been asked before, but just a few days ago, Telus and Koodo rolled out their esim service, and unfortunately PM was not included in the initial release. Will the esim service be coming to PM soon? The other third tier carriers (Chatr & Lucky) both seem to support it (to my knowledge), and it would be a great opportunity for PM to jump abroad as well. 

8 REPLIES 8

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For some might want to have e-sim, but I don't think i'd need e-sim on my phone. and we have to wait until the mods decide to bring e-sim plan like Lucky mobile is offering now. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@XionBunny wrote:

it's doubtful they ever will, this is after all a basic prepaid service.

@XionBunny eventually they will likely need to, if/when more devices start shipping with only eSIM.  I believe the new RAZR is an example of such a device, if memory serves me.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@XionBunny wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@XionBunny wrote:

So is Lucky..... actually, I'd go so far as to say Lucky is even MORE "basic" than PM - Lucky's support is a phone number that has a menu system that induces much hair loss(by pulling your own hair out, in frustration), because you can't reach a real person(TBH, someone on here recently told me you have to use some semi-secret keypress(I forgot it already) to get a person), whereas with PM, there's LOTS of people here to help! 👍 

That person was me, I said you could bypass it by pressing 0, three or so times and have it forward you to the back end support. I was told this by their twitter support team in fact and when I did speak to them on the phone they were fast and efficient with my issues, I left only cause I felt like coming back here, nothing to do with their service or anything. they have their pros over here, but honestly its really all the same at the end of the day.

Exactly what I meant about "semi-secret" - you SHOULDN'T have to find out that sort of info via their Twitter support team..... that should be on their site, readily available(or even better, mentioned within their phone menu system), ESPECIALLY since not everybody uses Twitter, myself included! 😡 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CannonFodder wrote:

@XionBunny wrote:

So is Lucky..... actually, I'd go so far as to say Lucky is even MORE "basic" than PM - Lucky's support is a phone number that has a menu system that induces much hair loss(by pulling your own hair out, in frustration), because you can't reach a real person(TBH, someone on here recently told me you have to use some semi-secret keypress(I forgot it already) to get a person), whereas with PM, there's LOTS of people here to help! 👍 

That person was me, I said you could bypass it by pressing 0, three or so times and have it forward you to the back end support. I was told this by their twitter support team in fact and when I did speak to them on the phone they were fast and efficient with my issues, I left only cause I felt like coming back here, nothing to do with their service or anything. they have their pros over here, but honestly its really all the same at the end of the day.

@XionBunny wrote:

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AnonA  Since Chatr and Lucky already support it and since  PM competes with both then they should eventually support it. If or when that happens is anyone's guess.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@AnonA wrote:

My apologies if this has been asked before, but just a few days ago, Telus and Koodo rolled out their esim service, and unfortunately PM was not included in the initial release. Will the esim service be coming to PM soon? The other third tier carriers (Chatr & Lucky) both seem to support it (to my knowledge), and it would be a great opportunity for PM to jump abroad as well. 

Nothing has been announced. 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.