cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile - auto clean and advertising?

JaxonMolly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

does anyone else have their phone "auto clean" followed by advertising?

quite often after closing an applicaiton, my phone says Public Mobile has cleaned up my storage, then it proceeds with an advertisement.

any help would be appreciated. thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@JaxonMolly wrote:

quite often after closing an applicaiton, my phone says Public Mobile has cleaned up my storage, then it proceeds with an advertisement.

I don't think anything has been cleaned. I see this as just advertising by someone, and it has nothing to do with Public Mobile. I remember a while back, I ended up uninstalling ES File Explorer because of random full screen ads.  Network Signal Info tends to play full screen videos when exiting.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sounds like an infected phone to me.  I despise the word cleaner or any app that shills this service.  I would rather keep a "dirty phone".  Quite often the AV type apps are worse than malware. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JaxonMolly wrote:

@JaxonMolly I would be very worried if I were you and remove the responsible app. You should download a legit av cleaner for your device and run it asap.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaxonMolly wrote:

That's not Public Mobile doing that. One or more of your apps are and they have permissions that might not be appropriate.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I have never heard of this with PM. Are you getting pop ups ads ?

Need Help? Let's chat.