cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Data Plan Does Not Work Android 9.0 UMIDIGI X

NielCapp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased the UMIDIGI X yesterday and i have been having issues with the data plan,

I followed probably every post on the community. i've also been to the Freedom Mobile Kiosk twice today to change my APN settings. i followed these settings

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,supl,mms,dun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also selected the public Mobile network directly with 3G an 4G

is there any other solution i really do not want to change to another network.

8 REPLIES 8

@NielCapp  glad you got it sorted 👍🙂

NielCapp

Confirmed this options works for me thank you I'm happy I don't have to switch services Public Mobile for the win cheers @Jb456 😃

@NielCapp there is, but I think this involves rooting your phone and using an app to change those settings. when you root the phone it will factory reset your device, wiping everything from your phone. so it's best to do a backup of your important files

@NielCapp  you'd likely have to use a freedom sim again at the kiosk to update. 

Here are two APN settings to try.

First screenshot is from my phone that it uses.

Screenshot_20200617_075827.jpg

Save APN settings, reboot phone and check if data works.

If not then try these APN settings.

Screenshot_20200217_152632.jpg

Let us know the outcome!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Umidigi-X-APN-settings/m-p/472632

@NielCapp 

I believe the only workaround for this problem is to use a freedom or a roam sim card to add the APN but once it's added its done. You can read thru the thread to see if anything else will work for you.....i would make sure your APN is as follows.......

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

NielCapp

Is there any other way for me to update the APN without going to the kiosk again I find it rediculious that I have to use a freedom sim card to set up public mobile data  

@NielCapp 

Were you at a freedom kiosk to borrow a sim card? Try this advice from a previous thread on the Umidigi X: add APN.......

I just purchased an Umidigi X phone. I can confirm that the instructions for adding APNs through ADB shell command does not work. However, I did have a Freedom Sim Card which I popped into the phone and that allowed me to add new APNs. After adding the APN for Public Mobile with the Freedom Sim Card still inserted, you will not see it even after clicking the "save" option. However, as soon as you insert the Public Mobile SIM card it will show the APN that you previously saved. My data is working flawlessly.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@NielCapp change your

APN type: to leave blank

add 

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

And save it. Restart your phone, Enable data and Try sending an mms message and surfing the internet. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.