cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Block My IMEI and my Sim Card

jennlily
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I am in trouble since now more then a week. Without even trying to contact me by email or calls, public mobile locked my IMEI and Sim Card. First the person from the community center told me it was related to a charge back on my account (any money went back into my account). Now a guy from the Privacy Department told me it was for a suspiscious activity on my account. Just before this I topped up my phone (so lost $40 plan) and I also had $41 of credit for next month... apparently I lost it! They want me to buy a $37.60 voucher + $80 and send them the 12 number of the voucher to put my sim card back in service and unlock my phone. This would mean that on top of the $80 I already lost they want me to spend an other $117... 

I asked them the date the charge back have been requested to be able to send the prove no money went back into my account but apparently they are not interested about it... I am lost and do not know what to do ! I am not even sure they can legally lock my phone as I did not buy it in relation to public mobile...

I will take any advices ! Thank you in advance for your help !!!!

75 REPLIES 75

@jennlily wrote:

This would be the perfect solution if thzy did not lock my phone. I am a bit stock 

@jennlily ,

We here, on the Community, are all trying to help.

This Community forum is kinda of the first point of contact for PM "customer service" from your fellow Public Mobile users, like yourself.

WE are not Public Mobile representatives, but are trying to find ways to help.

Things we are not hearing back from you, which would help:

• Can you access your SELF SERVE? 
  • If yes, was is your STATUS say?
  • Does your SIM card match the 4 digits on your SELF SERVE account?
  • You have not provided screen shots of messages you received or anything which is sounding suspicious here

(please remember not to post any personal info. in this Public forum)

It really does not sound right what is happening. So you need to contact the correct PM representatives.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that this is almost certainly an extortion scam unfolding and they have control of your account.

So you have no phone service and you can't log in to your self-serve account right?

There would be other bits of information that only you would be able to know. ie. PIN and if you put in a true one your DOB. It might be that they did not do SIM-swap because how could they get you back going after they've extorted a sufficient amount of money. Or they don't care and will just get what they can out of you.

All you can do is get the moderators to get your account back under control. You will get notification emails from here. Don't answer them. Come back here and click on the little envelope next to your avatar upper right.

Edit: actual moderator communications will have a blue MOD next to their username

jennlily

They will not unless I pay for the voucher... if it is a scam they do it pretty well because all the messages are from the community exactly as you describe it. 

It is very insane.... I am dealing with it since more then a week and do not know what to do anymore so I will contact the both person I have been advice and I will see what happen.

Thank you for your help

jennlily

Thank you !!!!

jennlily

This would be the perfect solution if thzy did not lock my phone. I am a bit stock 

@Nezgar wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

And I've just saved you 1/2 of what you feel you otherwise needed to pay to "someone" to "restore" your service.

Yeah it's an Idea, but he claims he had an $80 balance to start with, which would ideally be recovered...

Ideally... if there's an $80 Available Balance, sure.

If the OP has a legitimate issue that the Moderators cannot sort out, there may be more to this situation than meets the eye.

If they take the steps to contact the REAL moderators, as has been offered up by several, then one might hope they'll be managed appropriately.

@HALIMACS wrote:

And I've just saved you 1/2 of what you feel you otherwise needed to pay to "someone" to "restore" your service.

Yeah it's an Idea, but he claims he had an $80 balance to start with, which would ideally be recovered...

@jennlily 

Here's a thought, do the following if you feel you've been wronged:

1. request chargebacks from any payment cards which were used to pay for services you did not receive service for,
  2. get a Public Mobile SIM card, and activate a new account, using a new e-mail address, and a different name on the account,
  3. Choose a plan from $15 to $50,

Essentially, you're starting over.   

@jennlily wrote:

and there is the locker on the url etc... 

They give me all the information on my account and everything....

Public Mobile moderators do not lock people out of their self-serve accounts. Hopefully moderators can help you get back into your account since they "gave you all the information." Also ensure the emails you are receiving are coming from community-notifications@publicmobile.ca.

Are you receiving emails from another email address? Or messages from someone other than Moderator_Team?

@jennlily wrote:

Thank you I will try one more time with Catherine then 🙂 thank you

@jennlily   Catherine will probably not be available until tomorrow morning.  You can message her but don't expect to hear back until tomorrow (if you're lucky).  You could also try one of the moderators on duty right now, here's one name you can try to reach @Alice_U .  Maybe she can respond more quickly to your message.  Either way good luck and don't give out any voucher PINs to anyone.

jennlily

Thank you I will try one more time with Catherine then 🙂 thank you

jennlily

No of course from here.... and there is the locker on the url etc... 

They give me all the information on my account and everything.... they just want me to pay to unlock my phone and I do not think it is normal 😕 so I am stock 

I spook to 3 differents community agents + the privacy department...

jennlily

But I did already.... and they give me all the information on my account and everything.... they just want me to pay to unlock my phone and I do not think it is normal 😕 so I am stock 

I spook to 3 differents community agents + the privacy department...

@jennlily wrote:

This is exactly what I did, i am in contact with them since a week and the only thing they want is the voucher 😕 even the guy on the phone from the privacy department said I need to pay for the voucher but I will not spend $200 in total in one month for public mobile while I did everything correctly....

Please private message one of the managers of Public Mobile to see what is going on. I do not want to see you get scammed. Contact Catherine at @Catherine_T 

@jennlily wrote:

This is exactly what I did, i am in contact with them since a week and the only thing they want is the voucher 😕 even the guy on the phone from the privacy department said I need to pay for the voucher but I will not spend $200 in total in one month for public mobile while I did everything correctly....

OK.... I'd really like to see a screenshot of that - That was from a message from moderator_team on this site? or in your personal email...

jennlily

This is exaclty what I did I am not crazy either stupid... I deal with it since more then a week morning to evenings...

@jennlily wrote:

I have been in contact with them since a week, the only thing they want from me is the voucher...

@jennlily   How do you know they are PM employees?  They wouldn't be asking you for such large amount in voucher payments as there is no plan here that costs more the $50+tax.  Something is not right here, please use @JK8  link to send a message to Moderator_Team.

jennlily

@jennlily wrote:

I have been in contact with them since a week, the only thing they want from me is the voucher...

The hackers want the voucher, not Public Mobile! Stop talking to the hackers. Contact the REAL customer service reps here as per @JK8 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jennlily

@jennlily wrote:

I cannot access my profile.... they locked it 

Use this link. It will work with the community account you are currently using.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@jennlily wrote:

Follow @JK8  links to CONTACT Public Mobile Representatives. You do this through your Community account, where you are posting now.

jennlily

I am on it since a week and this is those exact people that ask for voucher...

jennlily

@jennlily wrote:

Sadly I do explain them since more then a week and the only thing they want from me is the $117 voucher... I am prepaid and there always been credit in my account so I have not to spend this money this is not normal... 

This sounds like a scam. Public Mobile would not be asking for payment via vouchers. It’s like the scam asking for payments with ITune Gift Cards.

Contact a moderator with this private link:

jennlily

I can do any of it because they locked my account, my sim card and my IMEI so cannot even put a new sim card into my phone 😞 

Thank you for your help

jennlily

I do have my phone it is either lost or stolen BUT it is suspiscious for sure.. my account is also locked so I cannot access it. I have no sim, no account and a lock phone 😅

Thank you for your answer

@jennlily wrote:

I am stock and do not know what to do...

Please as soon as possible action the steps I provided in my previous post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Public-Mobile-Block-My-IMEI-and-my-Si...

jennlily

Exactly, this is exactly why I am scared... thank you for your anwer. I am stock and do not know what to do...

Hi @jennlily ,

This is sounding a little strange.

Can you log in to your SELF SERVE account? What does your status say?

If you do not have services (heck, even if you have services...i would confirm this) make sure to check the 4-digits of your SIM match the 4-digits listed on your SELF SERVE account, found here, under "Change Sim Card":

esjliv_0-1612581871931.png

If the 4-digts DO NOT match, then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on your account. 

Change passwords and security questions to your SELF SERVE account right away and check your financials. 

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

Let the moderators know about this as well, submit a ticket here – to be connected to the Fraud Management Moderator team who will be able to restore your original SIM card. 

Need Help? Let's chat.