cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Problem downloading and updating Apps on Samsung phone

Hi, When I try to download or update apps on my phone, I'm asked to install a new version of Samsung Galaxy Apps but then I get a Network connection error. This has been happening ever since signing up with PM which makes it impossible to download or update any apps on my phone. I'm also unable to download the Play Store App. I was told by a phone technician to contact PM. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Francine

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Problem downloading and updating Apps on Samsung phone

@Mystique Does anything requiring an internet connection, such as web browsing, work?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried downloading apps over wifi ?

Highlighted

@computergeek541yes, web browsing works and I'm getting my emails with gmail.

Highlighted

@Triguydo you mean on my browser?

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mystique wrote:

Hi, When I try to download or update apps on my phone, I'm asked to install a new version of Samsung Galaxy Apps but then I get a Network connection error. This has been happening ever since signing up with PM which makes it impossible to download or update any apps on my phone. I'm also unable to download the Play Store App. I was told by a phone technician to contact PM. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Francine

@Mystique I have an S9 and have experienced no issues with this.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Francine,

Open the Play Store app, click on the 3 lines top left, click on 'download apps over any network' and try again.

It sounds like you're not connected to wifi, which is how apps usually get downloaded.

Highlighted

Hi DOA,

The problem is that I don't have the Play Store app. I am connected to wifi but I'm unable to download any apps. I can browse the web no problem.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mystique That's unusual that your phone doesn't have the Play Store app. Are the other Google apps there? Maps, Search etc?

Highlighted

@kevenvthat's what the local technician told me too and said I needed to contact PM?? I can access Maps, Search, Gmail no problem. I inherited the phone from a deceased family member. Somehow, the Play Store app is missing and I can't download apps so it's a catch 22.

Need Help? Let's chat.