cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private and unknown numbers

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Long story short...had my purse stolen 2 days ago  and cancelled all my cards etc...but started to get weird calls from an unknown number and some nonstop calls from a private number. Quickly discovered I'm having my identity stolen. In the process of notifying appropriate agencies. Just want to know if anyone knows how to name or trace these 2 numbers. Tried scam sites but anyone else know any hacker tricks. Google ANF Facebook didn't work for the known number.....any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Long story short...had my purse stolen 2 days ago  and cancelled all my cards etc...but started to get weird calls from an unknown number and some nonstop calls from a private number. Quickly discovered I'm having my identity stolen. In the process of notifying appropriate agencies. Just want to know if anyone knows how to name or trace these 2 numbers. Tried scam sites but anyone else no any hacker tricks. Google ANF Facebook didn't work for the known number.....any ideas?

If the numbers have been blocked from showing when they call you, only a court order to provide that information to law enforcement would allow Public Mobile to provide that information.

When you say purse stolen, it was taken from you or you're not sure what happened to it?  Is it possible someone is trying to call to return it?

As in the perpetrator  managed to tap a cigarette purchase before I cancelled all of my cards but it appears he sold my id etc to an identity thief. Starting getting calls...only one went to voicemail. When I called my vm my bank had left a verification code for me? I had not asked for....the night before I had tried to put a fraud alert with all the credit reporting agencies and they would not accept it.  So I have someone actively trying to steal my identity. I have one number from I believe to be the original thief and the private one from the identity thief. Called me 10x but I kept answering so he? Couldn't try to access my vm for that code. The stolen purse, Id, cards one thing, my actual identity....a whole different matter.

@darlicious wrote:

Long story short...had my purse stolen 2 days ago  and cancelled all my cards etc...but started to get weird calls from an unknown number and some nonstop calls from a private number. Quickly discovered I'm having my identity stolen. In the process of notifying appropriate agencies. Just want to know if anyone knows how to name or trace these 2 numbers. Tried scam sites but anyone else no any hacker tricks. Google ANF Facebook didn't work for the known number.....any ideas?

If the numbers have been blocked from showing when they call you, only a court order to provide that information to law enforcement would allow Public Mobile to provide that information.

When you say purse stolen, it was taken from you or you're not sure what happened to it?  Is it possible someone is trying to call to return it?

Need Help? Let's chat.