cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my old #

Chris3M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I am excited to do my switchover from Bell tonight.  I have my public mobile account and have tested it out with my new sim card, but I needed to use my Bell sim card today, since I am contacted about 100 times each day for work, and could not tell my 500 contacts my new number.  So I want to Port my old Bell number so that it will work with my Public Mobile account and I can say goodbye to Bell FOREVER!  Can someone please help me out, step by step, on how to port the #?  (for the non-tech savvy type that I am).  Would I have the new PM sim card in the phone when I do it, and what do I do, etc.

Thank you!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I moved on from Bell just awhile ago and the first voice message I got was Bell wishing to talk about coming back to them, lol.  Fat chance because the difference in plan cost is so much that I figured out today that in 7 months my phone is paid for. My only regret is that I didn't find PM sooner and make the move.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chris3M  when porting use only your bell account number and name exactly as on you statement.  You noo not need to use imei or pin as those often cause ports to fail.  Use your bell sim till port is complete or if posdible use two phones  as it is a work number. 

Chris3M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks.

Bell can kiss my #$%^&&*&^%$#

@Chris3M wrote:

So I am excited to do my switchover from Bell tonight.  I have my public mobile account and have tested it out with my new sim card, but I needed to use my Bell sim card today, since I am contacted about 100 times each day for work, and could not tell my 500 contacts my new number.  So I want to Port my old Bell number so that it will work with my Public Mobile account and I can say goodbye to Bell FOREVER!  Can someone please help me out, step by step, on how to port the #?  (for the non-tech savvy type that I am).  Would I have the new PM sim card in the phone when I do it, and what do I do, etc.

Thank you!!!

Keep in mind that Bell sometimes doesn't release phone numbers to a new carrier until they first speak to the deaprting customer.   So, if Bell happens to call, make sure that you take that call.  I believe this to be anti-competive behavior, because part of the reason for the number portability being set up so that you have the new carrier make the request is so that the customer doesn't have to contact the old carrier.   When Bell does this, they make a sales pitch to keep you as a customer.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Chris3M  Log into your account, on the right under My Profile there is an option to Change Number, click that then check "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider " and fill out your information for your Bell number. It can take a few hours for the port to go through, you can keep using your Bell SIM, when it stops working you can switch it with your Public Mobile SIM and restart your phone, then it should be working.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Chris3M wrote:

Thank you!!!

Log into your account, go to plans and addons, go to change phone number, then select "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider " and follow the steps, then keep the bell sim card in until it stops working. Once the bell sim stops working your public mobile sim should be the bell number

Do not cancel your bell account yourself for any reason.

Need Help? Let's chat.