cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my Number

goldenmayan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I entered all theinformation to port my number to Public Mobile and I can not receive calls.  Any suggestions of what I should try.

6 REPLIES 6

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try going into your account and reporting you phone as lost, then report it as found. This can reset some errors.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@goldenmayan wrote:

I entered all theinformation to port my number to Public Mobile and I can not receive calls.  Any suggestions of what I should try.

Login to your self-serve account.

Select [Plan and Add-Ons]. 

Is your Bell number showing on this [Plan and Add-Ons] screen?

If yes, PM had done its part to port your number from Bell.  Now, it is up to Bell to release your number to PM.

While your are waiting, continue to use your Bell SIM until it stops working which is the sign that your number is completely ported to PM.

goldenmayan

Thank you, I will try calling Bell in the morning.

@goldenmayan wrote:

It has been about 4 hours & I am porting in from Bell

Assuming that your Bell account is active and in good standing (a must for a successful port) I would give it another bit, using the Bell SIM as long as it's active.

There have been reports that Bell would put a hold on a port-out until they had a chance to talk to the customer and try and convince them to stay. Not sure if that is slowing things down in your case. I'd call Bell in the morning to find out if that is the case, or, if the port has failed, confirm the information needed and then send a private message to the moderator team, asking them to resubmit the port request.

goldenmayan

It has been about 4 hours & I am porting in from Bell

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

How long ago did you submit your port?

What provider are you porting from?

Need Help? Let's chat.