cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting PM number to Freephoneline, what a nightmare!

weiyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try porting PM number to Freephoneline, giving them all my PM account info (double check the number, 14 digital account#, and home address, pin, all were right). They submitted porting requests twice. both were failed, was told that they got Number Transfer Rejection

(Inactive) from PM due to my account was "inactive".  ask me to contact PM support. In fact, my account is active, incoming/ongoing call/text are all working just fine, but its just failed to port.  Contacted PM moderator, was told that PM port team don't see a request to port the number, and blaming Freephoneline was doing something wrong.  so basically one side blames another. What a nightmare!

William

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@weiyu  My understanding is that Fongo is not be supporting  freephoneline.ca and are recommending freephoneline users to switch to Fongo Home Phone. If you switch before July 12, 2019 you will get the first 6 months of service for free. Maybe switch and then do the port because Fongo Home Phone offers free technical support.

Hope this helps and good luck with the port!!

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@weiyu wrote:

Try porting PM number to Freephoneline, giving them all my PM account info (double check the number, 14 digital account#, and home address, pin, all were right). They submitted porting requests twice. both were failed, was told that they got Number Transfer Rejection

(Inactive) from PM due to my account was "inactive".  ask me to contact PM support. In fact, my account is active, incoming/ongoing call/text are all working just fine, but its just failed to port.  Contacted PM moderator, was told that PM port team don't see a request to port the number, and blaming Freephoneline was doing something wrong.  so basically one side blames another. What a nightmare!

William

Ugh...that’s brutal. You’ve likely already checked & confirmed, but could it be that your number is from an area that can’t be ported to freephoneonline? My understanding is that it can also take anywhere from 3-14 days to port to a VoIP service, but I would also expect that wouldn’t result in a Number Transfer Rejection error. Hope you get it sorted soon.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@weiyu That's bad. Could PM do something right now? 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@weiyu sorry to hear of your issues what can I say the joys of porting eh?

Need Help? Let's chat.