cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Pixel on Oreo tries to send Int'l SMS every restart - thoughts?

@coachleo and @haque243, this is concerning that these messages are still being sent. Can a @Moderator_Team comment on whether these texts are spacific to PM or to our phones' software?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just signed up with PM today and I noticed that too (having 7723 as out going messages)

As I've signed for 50 mins talk/50 texts for 30 days, I will be out of texts very soon. Currently I've used up 6 texts for 7723.

Please advise.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You will have to block sms permissions to the dialer app.  Mods haven't responded to this issue...yet.

Will that prevent from receiving and sending sms ?

Oracle

@youbme @Jinjangbesi @coachleo @haque243

I also experienced a similar issue on my Pixel 2 when i got it back in December. I reached out to the moderator to figure out the solution, but we came to understand that it is something on the phone that is sending international text messages. So while troubleshooting, i randomly solved this issue. It is indeed the phone app that is sending those text messages upon reboot. And it is doing that to verify visual voicemail. Since PM do not offer visual voicemail, it keeps on sending those text messages. To solve this, turn off visual voicemail from phone app settings (Settings>Voicemail>Visual Voicemail), and it will stop sending those text messages. 

I should've chimed in a while ago, but this is an old topic, and so i have missed it Smiley Sad

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

@Jinjangbesi Your messaging app is different from the dialer app.  But for some reason, your dialer app has default permissions to send sms messages.  So you are blocking sms permission on the dialer app only.  Don't block sms on your messaging app.

Oracle

@coachleo wrote:

@Jinjangbesi Your messaging app is different from the dialer app.  But for some reason, your dialer app has default permissions to send sms messages.  So you are blocking sms permission on the dialer app only.  Don't block sms on your messaging app.

No need to block the permission. See my reply just above yours. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

@NDesai @coachleo

Since I cannot find the "Visual voicemail" from my phone, I'll disable permission on sms for "phone/dialer" app. Will leave Messages app as it is. Hopefully it'll work. Will test it later and report back.

Thank you for all the explanation and help.

@NDesai @coachleo

It works!! I rebooted my phone a couple of times and there are no more outgoing sms to 7723

For reference, I'm using Mi A1 on Oreo.

Thanks again guys!

It is happening to me as well on my pixel 2. Mine keep sending text to 7723.

I contacted customer service they blamed the device. But it seems the problem is PM cause i had used Rogers and had no problem. Also PM keep displays voicemail icon at notification bar  maybe that is the problem