cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 5 Compatible?

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello all.

Just wondering if anyone out there is using a Pixel 5 on the Public Mobile network.

The Pixel 5 doesn't appear to be on the list of compatible devices but the frequencies make me think it would work.

Does anyone have any experience in using a Pixel 5 on this network?

Thanks much.

6 REPLIES 6

mobydick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I found a solution on another site.
The problem is that your email account is not a Google (gmail) account as stated in other replies.
The solution is to have TWO accounts, but the FIRST account must be a gmail account.  (It would be nice if there was a Settings option to do this but alas there is not).  Annoying.
Do the following:
1. Delete your myname@telus.net account and any others you have.
2. Add the FIRST account as myname@gmail.com (define one if you don't have one already)

3. Add your myname@telus.net account
You'll find your emails are still under telus but you can now access the Google Play Store because the first (default) account is a Google (gmail) one. You can use your myname@gmail.com as well for email if you wish but that might be confusing.  Up to you.

@kb_mv 

Hey stranger.....nice to see you are still around. You must be enjoying the camera with the pixel5 with its improved nightsight capabilities. I am exceptionally happy with my new camera the pixel 3. It has an added benefit of being able to make/recieve calls and texts! I have almost completely abandoned using any of my many "real" cameras due to the pure convenience of the phone.

What's really exciting is what google has developed for the new camera in the pixel 6.

If you want to check out my comparitive pics in my lounge thread.......

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Phone-Camera-Action/td-p/704544

More scratch and reveal freebies from walmart 'til July 31st 11:59:59pm eastern.....2FND6X8.

Danchvn

Thanks. It does sound like a good phone for my purposes as well. A lot of the other phones i was looking at out there are too big for what I want. I still want to be able to put it in my pocket.

I do wish it had an FM radio built in it though since I do listen to the radio. Bit of a dinosaur that way. 😁

@Danchvn wrote:

Thanks @kb_mv 

I wanted to upgrade since the battery in my Pixel 2 is shot and do like the Pixel models.

How do you like the Pixel 5?

@Danchvn It's a great phone for my purposes. Love the camera (or the processing). Considering leaving real camera at home when I next go on vacation. 

Danchvn

Thanks @kb_mv 

I wanted to upgrade since the battery in my Pixel 2 is shot and do like the Pixel models.

How do you like the Pixel 5?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Danchvn wrote:

Hello all.

Just wondering if anyone out there is using a Pixel 5 on the Public Mobile network.

The Pixel 5 doesn't appear to be on the list of compatible devices but the frequencies make me think it would work.

Does anyone have any experience in using a Pixel 5 on this network?

Thanks much.

@Danchvn I just replaced my old Sony (also not on the compatible list) with a new Pixel 5 and it works perfectly.

Need Help? Let's chat.