cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Pixel 4a users can you help: mobile data turns itself back on

Thanks to anyone who's tried to help out, I appreciate it, really I do. I love the phone plan I have at PM and do not wish to leave.

@TE I'll ask that if you're still interested in testing, could you please perform the steps I've outlined in the first post to the letter.  It really is the only way to prove out my theory.  You started out correct, then just needed to continue at Step 4.  (step 4.5 probably doesn't need to be done).

Since posting this thread I've exchanged the first 4a I had with Google under warranty and the new device performs exactly the same, so my current theory is that it's designed this way and the data connection will remain on for some set period of time until the operating system quietly turns it off, probably when the phone is idle long enough.  I've described it to Google and they didn't have a problem exchanging the phone.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@on2wheels @TE 

how's the battery life on that phone? have you tried the astrophotography mode

IMG_20191225_191727-01.jpeg

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 wrote:

have you tried the astrophotography mode

Sounds neat. But can this astrophoto thing calculate your exact position (or time) by looking at the stars?

A version of it is included in my GrapheneOS build. But since I installed a modded version of this modded OS on a non-Google non-Pixel device (a Cat S61) my stellar photography seems to default on interesting but meaningless thermal imaging, lol.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Korth if I'm reading correctly, time, yes, position, no.

Need Help? Let's chat.