cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skifan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Pixel 4a - turning off my data turns off my network

I have a Pixel 5 which (if you are on Android 11) should be pretty similar.  I am not experiencing the issue that you mentioned under the described circumstances. 

Data - off, Roaming - off, Wifi - off. Preferred Network - 5G.   

I  am still able to complete calls normally.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@skifan you might as well disable the 5g antenna. public mobile won't be supporting that tech anytime soon. you will probably save on battery life since your phone won't be searching for a 5g signal

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 wrote:

@skifan you might as well disable the 5g antenna. public mobile won't be supporting that tech anytime soon. you will probably save on battery life since your phone won't be searching for a 5g signal

@gpixel4 phone won't be searching for a 5G signal unless the LTE network tells it to do so. And in this case, Telus doesn't allow any PM subscribers to use 5G (DCNR restriction is enabled on all PM subscriber profiles), so the network won't ask your phone to scan any 5G frequencies. I wouldn't worry about it.

skifan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@gpixel4  I am getting close to 36 hours of battery life on my Pixel 5, so not much of a problem even if there is additional load. 🙂

Regardless, I hope the OP's problems are resolved wrt to data / network issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.