cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Pixel 4a set up APN necessary?

@pharaohpeter wrote:

ah it turns out THEIR data wasn't on hahaha. Everything now works fine! The pixel 4a doesn't need to be configured.

Hi @pharaohpeter lol still nice to know that your problem is solved.  Enjoy your new phone.

Have a great weekend!

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@gpixel4Big thanks, mate! I appreciate the tips. I do have a couple questions though.

On my 4a, I can't find ambient eq, even if I search for it. Also, isn't adaptive battery supposed to save battery? That's the only reason I have it on! And by motion sense do you mean the feature that keeps the screen on if you keep looking at it or the feature that's called lift to wake? What's rcs chat features? Also, what's adb?

Lastly, I wanted to make sure about my auto sync feature. I turned it off, but It said that my information will need to be manually synced to collect the most recent information. Does this mean I won't get notifications from those apps? How do I refresh those apps manually? For example what's app and messenger?

Big thanks for the tips and help!!

I hope i'm not annoying you with all my questions!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pharaohpeter 

• ambient eq(it's like adaptive brightness and dynamically changes the colour temperature of the phone - I guess the 4a doesn't have that feature
  • adaptive battery - that's its goal, but I've better standby time and consistency with it off. try it out for a week and see if your battery percentage is higher by the time you get home
  • motion sense - Soli radar. the 4a doesn't have this feature. 
  • RCS(rich communication services) - it's Google's version of iMessage. you will see it in your messages app settings under "chat features"
  • adb - is a tool used to customize android. you use it with MS-DOS(command prompt)
  • if you click on your Google account it will show you the apps and you can click on each one to manually sync them up. I do this about once a month. your WhatsApp and messenger(FB?) won't be affected, it's only for Google apps (photos, Gmail, contacts etc). 
  • you will see FB messenger in the accounts category, but the disabled autosync has no effect on your notifications
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@gpixel4I need my calendar to sync up on my phone and on my laptop. Will turning off sync affect this?

thanks again!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pharaohpeter yes it will. just leave it autosync enabled otherwise you will have to remember to manually sync it daily.

Need Help? Let's chat.