cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 connection issues

chrismitchele
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the past 2 weeks I have had trouble maintaining a stable cell connection.  I miss many incoming calls and outgoing calls can take a long time to connect, if at all.  Cell data is also affected.  Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

chrismitchele

Thanks for everyone's help on this topic.  The "Network Cell Info Lite" along with the tip of using the "lost/stolen" reset help me narrow down the issue and will certainly be useful in the future.

I now have a new Pixel 3 (under warranty).  It would seem that there was a problem with the phone that caused this random connectivity issue.  The new phone works well.

Thanks,

Chris

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@chrismitchele are you on the August software update? maybe try updating your phone. try taking your sim out and reseating it. it may have come loose

try this fix:

1. Go to Settings > Location 
2. Tap App Permissions - and look for the apps "Allowed All the Time"... "Allowed Only While In Use" and "Denied". (My "Phone" app was under the "Denied" section for some reason - most of my apps are Allowed Only While In Use)
3. Tap the "Phone" app > then change to "Allow All the Time", then "See all Phone Permissions" on the same screen... and make sure "Location" is Allowed
5. If you have a Carrier app (in my case, Visible), you may want to to the same thing for that app, although I don't know how critical it is
6. Back out to your Home screen then Restart your phone

do you live near the boarder? maybe your phone is roaming. disable "automatically select network" and manually select public mobile as the network 

@chrismitchele if you don't have another phone handy to test the SIM  in. Try making a call using Google hangouts and Google dialer combined over WiFi. Stay safe. 

chrismitchele

Thank-you for all the information.  I am trying these items now.  I will let you know how it goes.

@gblackma wrote:

@chrismitchele try the lost/ stolen trick to reset your service.  From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

20200504_182846.jpg

If this fails contact the moderators and ask them to reset your service for you.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

There is nothing wrong with the account if a connection can be made.  No point in chasing a dead end.  @chrismitchele , do you have a different phone you can test out the service with to determine if it is a local network issue or cell phone problem?  If you are using an android device, try installing this app to get information on your network connection.  You get all sorts of information including location of the cell tower you are connecting to.  

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfolite&hl=en

@chrismitchele try the lost/ stolen trick to reset your service.  From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

20200504_182846.jpg

If this fails contact the moderators and ask them to reset your service for you.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

chrismitchele

Thanks.  I am pretty deep into phone troubleshooting.  Ie.  Resetting all network connections, cycling airplane mode, restarting.  Google has been troubleshooting as well.  I expect that it is not a public Mobile issue but wanted to rule it out.  Wondering if there is anything else I should check or if it could be a PM backend configuration issue.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@chrismitchele wrote:

For the past 2 weeks I have had trouble maintaining a stable cell connection.  I miss many incoming calls and outgoing calls can take a long time to connect, if at all.  Cell data is also affected.  Any ideas?

Try shutting down / restarting the phone every once in a while...see if that helps. Once a day for instance.

Need Help? Let's chat.