cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ingo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Pictures via SMS

Hello Community,

When I try to send a SMS with a picture attached I receive a message saying that the message could not be sent due to network problems and the message is tagged with the note "Send Failed".

I verified the APN settings and they seem to be correct. I have access to the internet and messaging without picture attachement works.

I am using a Huwei Honor 8 phone.

Any advise?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ingo which app are you using to try to send the MMS?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Ingo

The app came with the phone (pre-installed) and is called Messaging Vers. 5.0.01

srlawren

@Ingo I know it may sound odd, but try another texting app from the Play Store.  Sometimes the default one goes wonky for no obvious reason, and using a different app helps.

For starters, I'd try out Google's latest, Android Messages.  It's free and quite good.  Or, feel free to try out a 3rd party app.  I presonally like and recommend Textra, but Chomp is also very popular.  Both are very highly configurable and feature-packed.  I think they give you a free trial and then after a while you either have to put up with ads or purchase the premium to get rid of them.  I personally feel Textra is worth every penny, but you could at least give one of them a whirl.  Or just Andorid Messages is fine too!

Please let us know if that changes anything for your problem.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Ingo

Thanks for the sound advise. However I was able to trace the problem to a typo in the APN name. Instead of having the APN name "sp.mb.com" the auto-correct feature had changed the APN name to "Sp.mb.com". It appears that this typo did not interfere with regular data/internet and SMS tasks. However it did interfere with sending an MMS with picture. Once I changed the capital "S" to a lower case "s", MMS worked.

Again thank you very much for help and suggestion.

Best regards

Ingo

srlawren

Thanks for following up, @Ingo.  I'm glad you got it resolved!

Need Help? Let's chat.