cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo messaging

FoulTrouble
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to Public Mobile a couple of hours ago and I can't seem to figure out picture messaging. I have the $25 plan and I use an S7. What am I supposed to do? The ones I've tried to send just are stuck on "Sending..."

11 REPLIES 11

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@FoulTrouble wrote:

Final question.

Do videos work too? or is that different?

Thanks for all the help everyone 🙂

You can watch all the video you want on wifi.  Your plan includes MMS which operates on special mobile data that is unmetered.  Data that is used to surf the net is metered and is not included in your plan. 

Is video via MMS a thing?

Does animated gif count as video?  Otherwise no.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@FoulTrouble wrote:

Final question.

You can watch all the video you want on wifi.  Your plan includes MMS which operates on special mobile data that is unmetered.  Data that is used to surf the net is metered and is not included in your plan. 

Is video via MMS a thing?

@FoulTrouble wrote:

Final question.

FoulTrouble

Final question.

@FoulTrouble wrote:

So where it says "APN type" I change that from Internet + MMS to just MMS right?

Use these settings

S7.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FoulTrouble wrote:

So where it says "APN type" I change that from Internet + MMS to just MMS right?

Re-read shawnc13's first sentence.

FoulTrouble

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FoulTrouble wrote:

The $25 plan does not come with data but says photo messaging so I don't have data on in fear of being charged

This is a pre-paid service. If you don't pay, you don't get. No surprises.

FoulTrouble

The $25 plan does not come with data but says photo messaging so I don't have data on in fear of being charged

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@FoulTrouble wrote:

I just switched to Public Mobile a couple of hours ago and I can't seem to figure out picture messaging. I have the $25 plan and I use an S7. What am I supposed to do? The ones I've tried to send just are stuck on "Sending..."

Make sure data is turned on even if you don't have any in your plan as it is required.  Also check your APN settings

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FoulTrouble wrote:

Do you have your data mode on? Do you otherwise have non-wifi internet access?

Need Help? Let's chat.