cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones and service

Gumpmom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have had public for a few months with no issues. All of a sudden my phone won’t make or receive calls. Text is working fine so I have service. Just no calls. 

11 REPLIES 11

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gumpmom Putting sim in the other phone was to see if it was a phone or account issue. Putting it in the other phone didn't make it work in your current phone. That's coincidence.

Gumpmom

I removed the SIM card and tried it in another phone. It worked. Then when I put the SIM back it my phone it worked as well ?? Thanks for the replies. 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gumpmom wrote:

$40 plan

Are you using iPhone? Text could be working because of iMessage on wifi. Does mobile data work?

Gumpmom

$40 plan

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Gumpmom  Public Mobile uses 3G for calls so make sure your device was not switched to only use LTE.

Maybe it's a temporary network issue in your area.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gumpmom The old $10 plan stops all calls in/out after 50 minutes.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gumpmom wrote:

Tried that thanks. And removed and reinserted the SIM card 

@Gumpmom what plan are you on?  does it include unlimited calling (typically $25 or more plans) or a limited amount ($15 plan, or the $10 plan of the past)?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Gumpmom wrote:

I have had public for a few months with no issues. All of a sudden my phone won’t make or receive calls. Text is working fine so I have service. Just no calls. 

@Gumpmom   What plan are you on?

Gumpmom

Tried that thanks. And removed and reinserted the SIM card 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also try making your phone lost then wait 5 minutes then make it found.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Gumpmom try restarting your device

can you login to your self serve and make sure the last 4 digits match the last 4 digits on your sim card.click on "change sim card"

change pass,sim,number~2.jpeg

if the sims don't match, your account may be in the process of a sim swap (fraud)

Need Help? Let's chat.