cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones and hardware

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, I changed my data settings so apps I don't normally use won't eat up my data while I'm out and about. I ended up not having data at all so I changed all my settings back and limited my data to match my plan. It is still not working. Any suggestions?

15 REPLIES 15

JenL

@darlicious lol great advice, thanks!

@JenL  Enabling your data saver, restricting background data usage in unnecessary apps ( like 90% of them) and keeping mobile data off unless needed should eliminate most data usage from apps. Checking each app for its usage will identify the hungry data eating monster (s).

JenL

@Jb456 yes that was the solution. My phone has a lot of apps. I guess all it took was going out a few times and it gets used up. 

JenL

@kselmak Thank you. You too, Merry Christmas!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@JenL wrote:

@Jb456 this month has gone by so fast, I haven't used my phone apps while I have been out. 

Understand but to ensure I'd suggest you log into self serve and scroll down to "My Data & Add-ons" that section should display your 30 day plan data and any promo data....if nothing is showing it means it has all been used up.

🙂 well it's an excellent excuse for a walk really.

Enjoy the evening:)

JenL

@Jb456 this month has gone by so fast, I haven't used my phone apps while I have been out. 

JenL

@kselmak that's smart, common sense! I have a dog so, I didn't even think of that. I already planned to take a walk. Thanks!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@JenL have you logged into self serve to ensure you did not use all your data up?

What is the model of your phone?

JenL

@Jb456 the details have been adjusted in my phone but, it did not get my data working again. I rebooted the phone too. I may need a MOD.

@JenL if you would like to test it at home make sure you turn off your WiFi

JenL

@Jb456 that was not easy. I was able to use the information you gave me and edited my phones info. I'm going to go for a walk in a bit and give r a test. Thanks. I'll keep you posted. 

Check APN settings.Screenshot_20191225_182521.jpg

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JenL 

Try rebooting your phone. Maybe network reset also. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Check APN settings on the phone..

They should be as followed.

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc