Did you mean: 

Phone

joreilll
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to upgrade my phone, can i?

7 REPLIES 7

@Joaniebaby wrote:

Hello

You mentioned about contacting PM when u buy a new phone, how do you do that?

What is your ?. Do already have a new phone or do you want to buy a refurbished phone from PM?

Joaniebaby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

You mentioned about contacting PM when u buy a new phone, how do you do that?

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@joreilll wrote:

Hi @joreilll of course, you can.  So what new phone do you have in mind?  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @joreilll ,

Yes as @ShawnC13  posts.

If you change your phone at anytime, you do not need to contact Public Mobile to let them know of the change. Obtain other compatible phone, insert the SIM inside your current phone and you are good to go.

NOTE: there are possible different size SIM that each phone requires. If yours is a different size than the other phone you want to change to, no worries.

They come in 3 in 1 sized:

esjliv_0-1603577624495.png

If you need a small one: punch out to the size you need.

If you need a larger one: try going into a cell phone store/kiosk and see if they have the outer parts you need to make it bigger to fit your phone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@joreilll...

be cautious if buying a used phone from kiji or other similar venue. There's many sellers who are less than honorable and you could be left with a brick. Make sure the phone you buy hasn't been reported as lost or stolen and blacklisted...rendering it useless to you.

Good practice is to use a retail supplier or a used/refer'd phone supplier who is known to be legit.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@joreilll 

Sure you can upgrade it, if your phone is a few years old I’d hold off on it unless you can budget for a new one. As long as your new phone is compatible on the network PM won’t stop you from upgrading. Just make sure the phone is unlocked when you buy it.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@joreilll wrote:

Of course, you can, just not through PM as they don't offer phones.  Make sure any phone you choose is compatible with the Telus/Bell Network and you will be good to go.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.