cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone

mariam_bhojani1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My daughter gave me her mobile phoneIMEL#xxxxxxx I need you to update IMEL*on fileso I can use this phone 

Edit by mimmo removed personal info

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mariam_bhojani1 wrote:

My daughter gave me her mobile phoneIMEL#xxxxxxx I need you to update IMEL*on fileso I can use this phone 

Edit by mimmo removed personal info

@mariam_bhojani1 If the SIM slot is the same on your old phone as your daughter's you should just be able to move the SIM over to the new phone you want to use (ensure it is unlocked from the previous provider).

If the SIM slot is a different size, you can remove or add (with additional parts) the adaptor pieces of the SIM to make it fit.

With your SIM card inside, reboot the device, and also perform a RESET of the NETWORK's Settings.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

t_p
Mayor / Maire
Spoiler

@mariam_bhojani1 wrote:

My daughter gave me her mobile phone I need you to update IMEL*on fileso I can use this phone

Put your PM SIM card in the phone and turn it on. If it's unlocked and compatible with PM network, it should work right away.

If you get a message that the phone is locked, you'll have to contact the previous carrier to have it unlocked.

There is no need to provide or update the phone IMEI at PM.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@mariam_bhojani1 You don't need to gjve Public Mobile the IMEI after changing phones.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@mariam_bhojani1 

Is your phone locked? If it is contact the previous carrier to have it unlocked.

If it is unlocked put the SIM card into the phone and reboot.

You should delete your IMEI number in your post as this is a public forum. Choose the 3 vertical dots in your post to edit.

edit.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.