cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't receive some text messages.

Rdenholl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey!
So I'm a bit frustrated because my phone won't receive some text messages. I can call, send and receive most messages.

I've restarted the phone, taken out the sim card, reset the text settings, cleared my old texts out, and taken the battery out.

My phone is an LG G5. And I don't have any other issues with it at all!

@Shazia_K, @Mary_M, and @Saray_O

Thanks in advance!

15 REPLIES 15

Simon_O
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey mbrajak777!

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile.

I am sorry to learn that you have experienced issues receiving some text messages.

That being said, I just sent you a private message 😃

Awaiting your reply,

Simon

mbrajak777

Hi There, I have been having the same issue for a long time now. I tried everything that LG has asked me to do including trying a new SIM, factory reset, safe mode, etc. Apparently there is a solution based on reading this thread. 

Can someone please assist? 

@Shazia_K@Mary_M, and @Saray_O

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SkreefMerry wrote:

I have the same issue...some texts don't come through.  It seems random because I have texted with these contacts before, however they reply and I won't get the text.  

Some are regular texts, others are sms

One of them is my hubby (different type if phone but same carrier)! 

@SkreefMerry

You are posting on an older thread so you're not going to get the exposure in these forums you would if you started your own new thread... FYI.

As for your issue, a few questions to get things started:

- when did you notice this issue begin?

- what kind of phone are you using?

- have you made any recent changes to your account?

- are you using the stock messaging app on the phone or a third-party app? (like Google Messenger, Textra, etc...)

- Is your husband with PM?  If so, is he experiencing the same issue?

SkreefMerry

I have the same issue...some texts don't come through.  It seems random because I have texted with these contacts before, however they reply and I won't get the text.  

Some are regular texts, others are sms

One of them is my hubby (different type if phone but same carrier)! 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Rdenholl and mystikal_325,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to learn that you are not able to receive SMS message into your phone.

In order to assist you, please send us a Private Message.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

mystikal_325
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Mary_M wrote:

Yes, they are working on it @srlawren!

As I've mentioned, the text issue self-resolves itself after a few hours - but we can try to help if any attention is needed immediately 🙂

Mary

@Mary_M, I am having this same issue right now. My US roaming pack expired this morning, I am in Canada, and I cannot receive incoming texts since the US pack expired. Restarting the phone, etc does not have an effect. Is there anything that can be done?

yyzguy
I can confirm I had the same problem, both times I used a US roaming pack. Text message comes in that plan is 95% used (impossible as got the text warning 6 days after I returned from the US), then text messages stop working. I don't know how long they stopped however had to power cycle my iPhone 2-3 times over 24 hours and messages started working again. Annoying. If the system can send a message that you're "over" your plan, why not also include instructions on power cycling your phone to ensure continued receipt of text messages? As with others I didn't know i had the problem until someone complained I wasn't responding to their messages!

ThunderDiscDad

# Not Receiving Texts- for the last few hours (up to 14?) , I am not receiving texts from all carriers.  Vancouver.  All other features (calls in & out, outgoing texts, data & wifi) all seem to be working.  I have an Iphone 6 plus.   I've done a power reset, reset network settings, airplane mode and also updated my iOS without solving the problem.  This is not a new activation.  I activated in Nov 2016.

Also, if Public Mobile service is down, how do I find that out?  Twitter? this forum?

Also, how do I start a new post or topic?   Thanks all.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Yes, they are working on it @srlawren!

As I've mentioned, the text issue self-resolves itself after a few hours - but we can try to help if any attention is needed immediately 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M can you please see @ThunderDiscDad's message above?  Is the team working on the US Roaming epxiry issues?  It looks like they are auto-correcting after a short time most of the time now, which is an improvement to a few months ago, but it would be so much better if this was just seemless....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ThunderDiscDad

#Not Receiving Texts

From about 6pm (PDT) yesterday to 930pm today, I was not receiving any personal texts. Specifically no 'reply texts' nor any texts from my wife (fido) and sons (rogers) & other (rogers) contacts.   Not sure if anyone else tried to text me. The situation seems resolved now, but I did not get any 'backlogged' texts to know for sure.

Before the resolution, I successfully texted back & forth with my brother (PM) starting at 9pm. Earlier,  I had tried a power reset, airplane mode & also switching off AUTO select carrier without success.

Then suddenly I texted a bunch of Rogers contacts around 930pm and 2 way texting starting working again.  Very strange.

Possible (unrelated?) factor:  #US Roaming problem

I just completed a 10 day US roaming package today, although I had been back in Canada for over 4 days.   I even got a strange text today from PM (611) that I had used 95% of my US Data (250MB) Roaming Add-On.   Impossible...!?

My Data Roaming has been turned off for over 4 days.  And according to my CELLULAR DATA USAGE:  (I had reset it prior to using it in the US)

Current Period 24.2 MB;  Current Period Roaming  6.9 MB

Made me question how my roaming data was being (used) & measured?

Again, things seems fine now.   Posting it in case someone else has a similar issue or insight.  Thanks. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

just wondering how do you know you are not receiving some sms?  I am using LG too and would like to know if i have the same issue?

If you receive some SMS text messages but not others, the problem isn't with your phone (unless you are unknowingly blocking text messages from specific people in your contact list).  Also your text messaging settings, speicifcally the SMSC setting, would only have an effect on outgoing messages. 

And since the problem is only with incoming, I'm almost willing to wager that you could be having an issue with messages originating from one specific carrier.  If that's the case, you have what is called an intercarrier text messaging issue.  Unfortunately, with such issues, there's a tendency for both carriers involved to point the finger at each other.   If this is an intercarrier texting issue, this can only get fixed with technical assistance from Public Mobile. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Is it mms messages that you're having trouble with?

Unfortunately, there are reports that LG phones that have been used with other carriers may need a factory reset to get data properly working for mms. See this thread:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/No-Data-on-LG-G5-switched-from-Telus/m...

However that should be a last resort solution.  First check that your APN is set correctly. These threads may be useful for that:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-send-or-receive-MMS/m-p/141530/highl...

Yawsug

@Rdenholl, how long have you been with PM and has this been going on since then?  I see that you have tagged some mods so you can go one step further and if you click on one of their names then select send message you can send a private message directly to them.  Include your issue your PM phone number and SIM card.  It will expidite the resolution as they will be able to start working on it right away.

Also if you have an issue in the future you can just tag one mod as it goes in a list that they all can see regardless of who you tag.  Same as Private Messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.