cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't receive calls

Manny55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a new user, just opened a new account last night with a new phone.  The number was ported from Rogers and I can dial out but anyone calling me gets a busy signal??  What's the problem?? Help!

7 REPLIES 7

gun_veer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes it takes minimum 24 hours sometimes when you port from another provider or if your phone was locked With them.it takes a while 

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Manny55 wrote:

It was a Rogers landline.  Does that make any difference?

Yes, porting from a landline to a cell number does take longer. The Whistleout cell phone blog says anywhere from 2-10 days, but here's an interesting thread from PM archives to give you a sense of how long it took from other members.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-long-did-it-take-to-port-your-lan...

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
After completing the activation process, you may need to wait up to 2 hours for the transfer to complete, whereas landline number transfers can take up to 3 business days.   If after 3 days it is not ported then it might be stuck, so I would contact a PM Moderator.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, it makes a difference to how long the porting process takes.  Porting a landline number can take up to 2-3 business days to fully complete.

@Manny55 wrote:

Manny55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @Manny55

Do you still have service in your old SIM card?

Sometimes it can take a while for the number to port over. Usually within 2 hours, but it can take up to 24 hours or more.

It could be a stuck number port (incomplete transfer). If it is then you'd have to ask the Moderator team for assistance.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Manny55 wrote:

I'm a new user, just opened a new account last night with a new phone.  The number was ported from Rogers and I can dial out but anyone calling me gets a busy signal??  What's the problem?? Help!

@Manny55If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.  Is this Rogers home phone or cell phone?

But could be an incomplete / partially completed port. When someone is calling you- its going to the old sim card / old rogers account. Try sticking your old sim card in and see if that links to your old account. Depending on where the port gets stuck your old rogers account might still be working and fully functional- if it is use that untill it stops working.

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.