cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't connect to 4G, only 3G

ChantalleK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The past couple days I haven't been able to connect to 4G,my phones only showing 3G. Tried taking out the battery/Sim card and those haven't worked.

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hc89 wrote:

@ChantalleK which phone are you using? You can try to restore your phone sometimes it's OS error

@hc89 @ChantalleK before doing that, I'd look for a Network Reset option.  Most recent phones have this somewhere in the network settings.  You will need to re-connect to all your Wi-Fi network(s) and Bluetooth device(s), but it's still far less intrusive than a factory reset (which is what I'm assuming you're suggesting, @hc89?).

@ChantalleK the question about what phone model you're using is a good one though.  Please try to be a specific as possible with the model number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hc89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ChantalleK which phone are you using? You can try to restore your phone sometimes it's OS error

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ChantalleK, as long as you have your phone set to 4G/LTE preferred, the phone will choose based on local network signal and loading conditions.  There's not much else you can do.  There's no LTE only setting.  If there was you would not want to use it anyway.  Doing so would block the calling function which only works on 3G at this time.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you checked the cellular settings of your phone to see if you have LTE turned off?

Need Help? Let's chat.