cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone was stolen today. Would like to add IMEI to a blacklist to make it usless to the thieves.

jmccuaig1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would like to add the IMEI ofa stolen phone to the list to have it blocked.  Read through some posts, tried engaging in a chat as someone suggested,  did not work.  Other mention talking with a moderator,  how do I do that?  Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

The well-deserving solution to this question is already assigned to @popping  😀

@jmccuaig1 sorry didn't realize you already did. lol 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmccuaig1 wrote:

@RosieR i don't see 'Accept As Solution'

That's because you already selected a post as the solution.

jmccuaig1

@RosieR i don't see 'Accept As Solution'

@jmccuaig1 wrote:

@LovesToPM Got another SIM yesterday and it was fine.  Thanks for the help.  Issue resolved.

Hi @jmccuaig1 sorry you had this bad experience but happy to know that you got your problem resolved.  It would be nice if you go the the reply that helped you the most and click ‘Accept as Solution’ on the response. It helps people find answers more quickly and communicates your appreciation to the people who helped you.

Stay safe!  

jmccuaig1

@LovesToPM Got another SIM yesterday and it was fine.  Thanks for the help.  Issue resolved.

jmccuaig1

@LovesToPM I will try that thanks

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jmccuaig1 

Sorry you are having such a hassle.

I think someone else (another party) may have activated your SIM number in error and is now wondering why their SIM card isn't working.

If the shop refuses to offer a refund, you can pick up another SIM to reactivate your service.

Then contact Moderators regarding the Invalid (already activated) SIM. They will be able to verify the situation and offer you a refund as warranted.

@jmccuaig1  

By chance when you went to buy the sim card did they activate a plan for you and you paid for a plan plus the sim? 

Just asking out of curiosity as that seems more likely the reason why the sim card has a number to it.

But weird things have happened. You'd have to take the sim back to the store that sold it to you. I just can't see someone else walking out the store leaving their activated sim card there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmccuaig1 wrote:

@Jb456 @Anonymous Tried incognito no difference.  Put the SIM card in and it comes up with a phone number (not mine).  Don't understand that...the sim is already registered to another number??

lol Apparently. That's on the store. Take it back. Get another one. Tell them not to resell SIM's. Jeez.

Were you porting a number? Does that number show up in your self-serve?

jmccuaig1

@Jb456 @Anonymous Tried incognito no difference.  Put the SIM card in and it comes up with a phone number (not mine).  Don't understand that...the sim is already registered to another number??  They didn't try to activate it for me at the store, I just bought it.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@WeAreX wrote:

that reporting function might work as much as yourself calling the maker of your phone but you still need to call the maker because if they sell it outside of Canada then that phone would be perfectly fine to use, mobile service providers in Canada don't care. 

No, the national blacklist is run by the carriers. The phone maker can't do anything. The carrier can blacklist the IMEI for any phone. Where it's sold doesn't matter.

WeAreX

that reporting function might work as much as yourself calling the maker of your phone but you still need to call the maker because if they sell it outside of Canada then that phone would be perfectly fine to use, mobile service providers in Canada don't care. 

@jmccuaig1  When you bought it at the store did they try activating it for you? Or did you simply buy the SIM card for $10 plus province tax?

As @Anonymous  mentioned. Try incognito mode.

Let us know!

jmccuaig1

I will give it a try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmccuaig1 

Curious to know what you might get if you insert the SIM.

Maybe it was an attempt of the store to activate but had a problem and put it back in to stock.

Try log out and clear cache/site cookies or use incognito/privacy mode or even a different browser.

jmccuaig1

@Jb456 @popping .  Bought a new SIM today at superstore to put in an old phone temporarily, trying to do the change SIM card now, when I enter the new number it returns a message saying it is invalid or already taken.  Tried several time confirming the number each time.  Any ideas?

20201101_221024.jpg

jmccuaig1

Thanks. Got the ticket created.  Already suspended the service, thanks for the heads up.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jmccuaig1 

Im sorry to hear about your phone being stolen. I assume you have suspended your account by using the lost/stolen feature in your account. Using the find your phone app can be helpful in tracking down your phone. Once you decide its a lost cause you can either submit a ticket via simon to reach the moderators or send a private message. Address it to Moderator_team and put blacklist my phone in the subject bar. Leave a detailed message and include the following:

1. Full name and address on your account 

2. Email, pin # and phone #.

If you don't remember your pin # include at least 3 of the following:

1. Last payment, amount, date, type and last 4 digits.
  2. Alternate phone # if any.
  3. Date of birth.
  4. Plan amount, recent changes, any add ons on account.
  5. Security question and answer. 
  6. Frequently called/texted numbers.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Wait times average 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. If you include all of the info and request the moderators to blacklist your phone they will be able to fulfill your request without anymore messages from you. It does take up to 72 hours for it to take effect and vice versa if you get your phone back.The next message you get will likely tell you they have performed the temporary password change. If so ask for a review link if you would like to rate the customer service you have recieved.

When you get a new phone and a new sim card. Don't activate the sim card. Log into your account and click change sim card. Green arrow on picture below and you will be good to go again.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jmccuaig1 

Use the Chat button at the lower right hand corner to create support ticket to talk to moderator.

But login to your self-serve account to report your phone stolen to suspend your PM service.

Select [Plan and Add-Ons] ==> [Lost/Stolen Phone]

Need Help? Let's chat.