cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone warning

stjosephs49
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I turn my phone on the warning symbol comes up and then the phone goes off again

Spoiler
t
10 REPLIES 10

stjosephs49

Thank you very much. I will try that

stjosephs49

I think you are right. It looks like it had started to charge and then just quit. A bit of red in the circle shows up 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@stjosephs49 

Your phone may display an exclamation mark in a triangle on a black screen. This screen is called recovery mode, and is usually accessed from the bootloader menu on an Android device. The most common cause of issues with recovery mode is when the device has been rooted; 

Follow these steps to leave recovery mode and boot your phone normally:

1. If your phone has a battery, remove the battery, wait 5 seconds, then re-insert the battery.
  2. If your phone does not have a removable battery, follow these steps to power cycle your phone:
    1. Press and hold POWER until the Phone Options appear.
      Select Power Off and wait for the phone to fully turn off.
      Wait for a few moments, and then power the phone on by pressing and holding the POWER button.
    2. Turn on the device.
    3. If recovery mode appears again, hold VOLUME UP, and then press the POWER button.
    4. Use VOLUME UP or VOLUME DOWN to highlight Reboot system and press the POWER button to select it.

A factory data reset can also resolve some software issues

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

My Nokia couldn't charge I misplaced it and couldn't find it to maintain the battery. After hours on (what it looked like) charge it couldn't go through that bootup logo, if I charge for hours it would at least go there, if I charge for 20 minutes it would show me red battery and shut off.

All my surviving adapters were 1amp (actually less), so I digged 2amp one that came with my tablet (people in my household crash them misplace them lose them or twist them all the time, I know I need to hide one in the basement that nobody will step on) and I left it charge over night. It's doing great now.

Get stronger adapter and good cable from a friend or family member and leave it charging for long time.

If you're not lucky you may have to change your battery

stjosephs49

I have been doing that for three days Do you think my charger is just kaput

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@stjosephs49  I had that happen with a tablet. The battery suddenly could hold a charge. Stay safe.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@stjosephs49  Recharge your phone for 20 minutes and try again. 

What is the model and make of the phone. By chance can you get a screen print of the  issue?

stjosephs49

This happens when it is plugged in also. It shows the fifth symbol above

@stjosephs49 wrote:

When I turn my phone on the warning symbol comes up and then the phone goes off again

Spoiler
t

What type of warning symbol is it? Does it say anything?  This sounds like your phone battery could be on an empty charge.

Need Help? Let's chat.