cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone sudden not registered on network

Ethan_B
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL.  Over the past 24 hours my phone suddenly is unable to register and connect to the Public mobile network.  I am unable to make phone calls, send text message, and access data.

I have tried the following step to troubleshoot the issue:

1) I have moved the public mobile sim to another phone - doesn't work

2) I have moved another sim card active on Koodo to my phone - my phone works

3) I have tried resetting the phone, resetting the network - no working

4) I have confirmed my IMEI number is active and not blacklisted

Any ideas on how to fix the problem would be appreciated.  Do sim cards fail spontaneously?  That is the only idea that I have not yet tested (ie. should I buy a new SIM card?).

Any help would be appreciated.  

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Ethan_B ,

Are you new to PM?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Call the Porting Team at *** to assist with your port.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

IF you had services before without issue...

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

If the 4-digts DO NOT match, then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on your account. 

Change passwords and security questions to your SELF SERVE account right away and check your financials. 

Let the moderators know about this as well.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Ethan_B 

Log into self service and choose Change Sim Card. Compare the last 4 numbers to the sim in your phone to make sure you have not been sim jacked.

If they do not match put your phone in lost/stolen mode in self service and change the password. Secure and check all your financial accounts and change passwords including email accounts etc.

Contact a moderator to restore your services.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.