cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stolen yesterday at 1 pm and still nobody has responded it’s still not black listed???????

Eadunn76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is disgusting!!!!  

I have sent numerous messages, emails etc and nobody is getting back to me. I just checked and the phone still isn't black listed????? It's an $1100 phone and of course you don't care cause you don't have to replace it!!!!!! This is a gross display of customer service Somebody needs to call me from here ASAP!!!!!' 

edited by computergeek: personal information removed

27 REPLIES 27

Eadunn76

Yes I am sure as it was stolen off a bench 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Eadunn76 wrote:

it was stolen from a public place so can't go through insurance. 

@Eadunn76 are you sure about this?  I know that if you have possession in your car and the car is broken into and the possessions stolen, you can make a home insurance claim (while your car insurance will only cover things permanently installed in/attached to your car).  

That said, even if you could make a home insurance claim, it's probably not worth it.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Eadunn76

We have tracked the phone they turned it off 

we have went to police and filed a report 

we have had the phone black listed 

it was stolen from a public place so can't go through insurance. We have done all we can and are hoping it will just turn up by a Good Samaritan 

tyedye00
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hiyo,

First all, sorry to hear about your loss, lets try to get this back!

• If it is an iPhone/Android device you could try to search for it, if you havent already, using the "Find My Phone" feature (log into the cloud account and ping it to see the last known location) (instructions = Google: "find my phone")
  • +Last case scenario, there is a feature to wipe your phone data once it turns on (using the above method)

srlawren

@hairbag1 wrote:

Glad to hear they addressed your concern finally. Check with house insurance...don't hurt to ask. Check with credit card provider as well...if you used it to buy the phone they may have a replacement clause you could take advantage of.

@hairbag1 honestly, after deductable, it's probably not worth it.  It would lead to higher premiums going forward.  So unless other things of value were stolen and also covered and you could get it all in on one claim, it's probably not worth going through home insurance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Glad to hear they addressed your concern finally. Check with house insurance...don't hurt to ask. Check with credit card provider as well...if you used it to buy the phone they may have a replacement clause you could take advantage of.

Eadunn76

It's actually only 48 hours!! A moderator got back to me!

Eadunn76

@srlawren wrote:

@Eadunn76 wrote:

This is disgusting!!!!  

I have sent numerous messages, emails etc and nobody is getting back to me. 

@Eadunn76I'm not sure what email address you were emailing, but there is no support via email.  I'm not sure waht the "etc" part means--was there some other way you tried to reach out?  Support is only available either via submitting a ticket, or by private messaging the moderator_team user here in the community.  

I get that you're frustrated, but the price of your phone has no bearing on how quickly this will get done.  Unfortuantely, patience is a required virtue at Public Mobile.

With the moderator from yesterday that didn't get back to me I got a response finally 

Eadunn76

I got a response from a moderator and they said it will take 48 from yesterday for it to appear on a list. Sorry I got short everyone it's hard when you have all your ID Credit and Bank cards and everything all missing. I am holding for the best 

@Eadunn76 wrote:

If someone else hooks it up it will be harder to get back the police said. They said it should of been black listed with in the first 3 hours. 

There's almost no hope to get it back.  Someone else using it doesn't change the IMEI. It would be the same if police recovered it (unlikely) after someone else uses it. They would still know it's yours from police report but it but take them longer to figure out.

srlawren

@Eadunn76 wrote:

This is disgusting!!!!  

I have sent numerous messages, emails etc and nobody is getting back to me. 

@Eadunn76I'm not sure what email address you were emailing, but there is no support via email.  I'm not sure waht the "etc" part means--was there some other way you tried to reach out?  Support is only available either via submitting a ticket, or by private messaging the moderator_team user here in the community.  

I get that you're frustrated, but the price of your phone has no bearing on how quickly this will get done.  Unfortuantely, patience is a required virtue at Public Mobile.

Eadunn76

If someone else hooks it up it will be harder to get back the police said. They said it should of been black listed with in the first 3 hours. 

@Eadunn76 

I can understand that you don't want anyone to ne able to use the device. I am sure that the blacklisting will get done, but the amount of time it takes wouldn't affect your Public Mobile services.

You've done all you can for now.  I am assuming that you want the blacklisting done quicly so.that an unsuspecting buyer won't purchase this phone and then find out that the device got blacklisted later. Unfortunately, even after Telus blacklists the device, it can take up to 30 days for the IMEI to blacklisted in the national database that devicecheck.ca uses.

@Eadunn76 wrote:

C1EAD5B3-C03D-489A-93CD-74A8F16DB353.png

5 hours ago STILLLLLLL WAITING 

Why don't you call Telus and ask them to do it.  I have done that before even when I was not a Telus customer.  In order to blacklist the phone, they do need some confirmation that you are the owner.  So if you can answer questions like the phone number that was used on the phone and where the phone was last used, they can go into the records to confirm. 

Eadunn76

It's an $1100 phone but whateves we will just wait until someone feels like responding 

Eadunn76

I was stolen from a public place, along with all

his ID etc, why would my house insurance cover that. In the meantime while I wait for someone to respond some asshat is walking around using his phone. Cause nobody can black list it in a timely fashion 

Looks like you've done all you can do for now. Chillax and the moderators will help with the rest... as soon as possible.

Check your house insurance policy...maybe they'll fund a replacement or at least partially. Fingers crossed, for you.

Eadunn76

C1EAD5B3-C03D-489A-93CD-74A8F16DB353.png

5 hours ago STILLLLLLL WAITING 

Eadunn76

Police report filed 

credit cards cancelled 

everything has been done except having the IMEI black listed. And only Public mobile can do that !!!!!!!!!!!!

@Eadunn76 wrote:

It's been missing for 24 hrs now !!! And 5 hours ago a moderator said they would get right back to me 

I know it's frustrating but have you started a file with the RCMP or local police ? That might be a good idea to do while waiting for PM moderator assistance.

Good luck.

Eadunn76

It's been missing for 24 hrs now !!! And 5 hours ago a moderator said they would get right back to me 

Eadunn76

I've been waiting since yesterday!!!!!

Eadunn76

Private message I have been waiting for a reply since yesterday got one today at 9 am and it's still not black listed 

Eadunn76

I did that yesterday all it does is suppers the service not flag the IMEI 

@Eadunn76  Please don't post messages with your phone number as anyone in the world can see it. Public Mobile does not provide customer service over the phone.  The good news is that some people are getting replies from Public Mobile in less than one hour. Which method have you used to contact them?

@Eadunn76  click here to send a message to the Moderator_Team to get it on the list !https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Eadunn76 Sorry to hear about your loss.
You should logon your self serve account and report your phone as lost/stolen.

Need Help? Let's chat.