cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone signal very weak on Android 10

sahands
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was on android 9 using my Mi A2 lite phone, I recently got the android 10 upgrade, and now my signal has gone from strong, to very weak! What I have observed is that when I dial a number, my signal becomes stronger. My signal also becomes stronger if I change my network from the default 4G to 3G. So this leads me to believe that PM has always had a very weak 4G network, and that android 9 showed the strongest signal between 3G and 4G, while android 10 is showing the signal strength of only the 4G network?

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sahands , you can do some troubleshooting by checking how far cell towers are from your location and which tower your phone is connecting to and how far away it is.  Additionally, you can use this app to check which frequency the phone is connecting to.  Since the latest change is firmware, I would tend to think that something is wrong with the software.  For phone calls, the phone should drop to 3G as Public Mobile does not support VoLTE.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfolite&hl=en

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Got Android 10 a while ago on my Pixel 3 and did not notice anything like that. Weak signal area still shows weak and strong signal area still shows strong. You might want to try network reset or factory reset. Make sure to backup everything first.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sahands wrote:

I was on android 9 using my Mi A2 lite phone, I recently got the android 10 upgrade, and now my signal has gone from strong, to very weak! What I have observed is that when I dial a number, my signal becomes stronger. My signal also becomes stronger if I change my network from the default 4G to 3G. So this leads me to believe that PM has always had a very weak 4G network, and that android 9 showed the strongest signal between 3G and 4G, while android 10 is showing the signal strength of only the 4G network?

Since it is the same phone after updated to Android 10, it may be firmware issue.  It has nothing to do with PM signal.

Things to try

1. Restart your phone to determine whether it m,ake any different.

2. Do a network reset

Need Help? Let's chat.