cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service not working

MBessette
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

My phone iPhone 6 is showing searching and has no service data. My plan is paid for with an active Speakout account, was working at the beginning of the month and I’ve tried restarting the phone multiple times, and is still stuck on Searching for service.

Two days ago it suddenly lost all bars with the no reason as to why.

very grateful for any help I can get to get it working again! Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

We have had several cases related to autopay renewal. We will assist each of you, if needed.

We are here to help you. 😊

Public Mobile Team

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello, Yvonne!

Please, try to restart your phone. If it still doesn't work, 

send us a private message via Community and we will gladly assist you with this --> https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH 

Public Mobile Team

Do you have any report that some user had issue renewal their plan automatically? 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello, Yvonne!

Please, try to restart your phone. If it still doesn't work, 

send us a private message via Community and we will gladly assist you with this --> https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH 

Public Mobile Team

Does your serlf serve account show any balance or credit?

I had similar issue recently on its renewal, it desnt auto renew the plan. 

Also you need to restart the phone if it stop working due to plan is not active. 

@Yvonnelamanna wrote:

Hello,

I just paid my phone bill. Phone is not working. Please get it working for me.  I paid with voucher, $28.75, 2 days ago.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Yvonne

@Yvonnelamanna   "Try rebooting your phone.  You can also try adding $1 to your account and restarting the phone.  

If nothing helps then you'll need to submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the rest of the prompts to finish.

Yvonnelamanna

Hello,

I just paid my phone bill. Phone is not working. Please get it working for me.  I paid with voucher, $28.75, 2 days ago.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Yvonne

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MBessette  Glad to hear this fixed it!

Cheers

MBessette

I suspended service on lost/stolen tab, restart then turned back on then restart again and I am now up and running with full bars! Thanks alot for the help!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MBessette 

You account may not be provisioned correctly.  The adding $1 or lost/stolen phone trick may trigger PM server to provision your account again.

Is your old Speakout SIM card still working?

While your PM service was working, can your call out and receive incoming calls?

I am just looking at all source of issue affecting your service at PM.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MBessette 

You can also try the lost/stolen phone trick or manually loading $1 into account.

This trick resets your SIM/phone.

To report your phone lost/stolen.   

1. Login to your account.  
  2. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab.
  3. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  
  4. Then choose the Suspend Service tab.  Then Logout.
  5. Wait a few minutes and log back in and report your phone found. 
  6. Reboot phone.

let us know if this helps

cheers

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@MBessette  You can try these tricks to reset your service.

Tricks to reset phone
You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5    minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Need Help? Let's chat.