cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone says searching or no service

Vanessa01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have had my plan for over a month and just suddenly it says either searching or no service and I’m unable to obtain service. My bill is paid, account is active, have reset phone, reset network settings, removed sim and then put it back and nothing changes. What is going on here???

14 REPLIES 14

You should go back to the Community 's main page and start a new thread. More eyes and more solutions. Good luck.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@paulzante when you log Into self serve does the page say plan active or expired.

Can you swap sims with another phone. This helps isolate hardware vs account issues

paulzante

Motorola- G 2nd generation

paulzante

I have made my payment on October 11. My telephone was working until this morning (October 14) and since this afternoon it indicates "no service". I don't know what to do.

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If it happens everywhere you try to use your phone, it sounds like your phone could be broken, since..

a) your SIM works fine in another phone, and

b) the network used to work fine, and now it sporadically disconnects you

The only other thing I'd suggest you try is a full factory restore. Make a backup first, but once that's completed, restore it and set it up as a new iPhone to see if it works again. If it works as a new iPhone, and consistently remains connected, you can then confirm it's not a hardware issue. Once that's confirmed, you can try restoring again, this time using your backup.

I've seen that resolve strange issues like this before, but the only downside is that you'll have to reconfigure your iPhone a few times.

Vanessa01

Did this and it still doesn’t work. The network has come back a few times but won’t send texts and then goes back to searching or no service after a bit

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Vanessa01 wrote:

How do you go to manual network search on an iPhone 6?

You can get there by going to: Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Network. Slide the 'Automatic' switch from green to grey. You will see a list of all carriers in range.

mimmo

Vanessa01

How do you go to manual network search on an iPhone 6?

Vanessa01

Yes I tried the SIM card in another phone and it works and I checked it on that website you gave me and it’s not blacklisted.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This could be local network problem or maybe phone hardware/software issue.  Check the link below for network issues.  For troubleshooting the phone, try toggling airplane mode.

https://canadianoutages.com/status/telus/map

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vanessa01 wrote:

removed sim and then put it back and nothing changes

Try cleaning your sim card contacts with rubbing alcohol.

What happens if you go to manual network search, what network operators do you see?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Vanessa01

Try your sim in another phone.

Did you buy your phone second hand? Sometimes the person reports it as lost/stolen long after you buy it.

Go here

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Enter your IMEI number just to confirm. It is possible.

mimmo

Do you have another phone e you can try the sim in. This will help isolate account t vs hardware.

What phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.