cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone says not registered on network

Busters10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got a text that said I cancelled my service and going to the another provider which I didn't I don't know where it came from and I've lost my phone all together.

8 REPLIES 8

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks @Alan_K . At least we are fore warned.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi @Anonymous , we recognize the growing number of port fraud happening and we are working toward a fully integrated "smart SMS" solution in the coming months. 

Thanks for the reply @Alan_K. I haven't been following what any mandates/regulations are from the CRTC but regardless, lead the way.

I recognize that many people are loose with their personal information and that some of this problem is on them but for everyones sake please do implement some kind of final say so from the customer. Glad to hear something's in the works.

Alan_K

@Anonymous wrote:

@Busters10 wrote:

Got a text that said I cancelled my service and going to the another provider which I didn't I don't know where it came from and I've lost my phone all together.

Inform the moderators ...now. Get a grip on your money places like banks and payment cards....now. Get a grip on your email accounts...now.

This has to stop. @Tiana_V@Alan_K Porting should require one last ok. Send out that text saying a port request has been initiated... fine. But wait for a positive reply back before completing. Kinda like the usual unsubscribe function. Give it 24 hours and then cancel the request if no reply.

Hi @Anonymous , we recognize the growing number of port fraud happening and we are working toward a fully integrated "smart SMS" solution in the coming months. 

Until then, we recently launched the following SMS alert when a port-out has been detected which will get our customers in contact with a Moderator at an urgent priority - more details here.

@Busters10 Sorry to hear about your situation- please reach out to the Moderator Team to see how we can help.

PAULRANG18

Best to contact a moderator with this issue and call financial institutions to put a lock on credit cards until you find out what has happened.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Busters10  Not a good sign. Notify PM immediately include URGENT in the subject. Lookup SIM jacking for help on what to do next.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Busters10 wrote:

Contact moderators asap. Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Busters10 wrote:

Inform the moderators ...now. Get a grip on your money places like banks and payment cards....now. Get a grip on your email accounts...now.

This has to stop. @Tiana_V@Alan_K Porting should require one last ok. Send out that text saying a port request has been initiated... fine. But wait for a positive reply back before completing. Kinda like the usual unsubscribe function. Give it 24 hours and then cancel the request if no reply.

zblackma

Contact the moderators for help resetting your plan.  Can you still log into "my account"? What length of plan were you on? 

Someone may have ported your number based on the text. Call your bank etc immediately. You may be at risk.

@Busters10 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.