cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

AnnaBeaulieu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone number is not recognized by my bank and they act as if they don't know why.

9 REPLIES 9

AnnaBeaulieu

Thank you all for the suggestions. I understand it and FWIW, all those steps have been followed. The process works with someone else's number.   I intend to go to another financial institution and transfer if all goes well.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AnnaBeaulieu wrote:

That a bank would not update its database more quickly is incomprehensible.

@AnnaBeaulieu no offense, but I'm guessing you've never worked in the IT deparement of a financial institution?  You might be surprised at what you *thought* was incomprehensible.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@AnnaBeaulieu  I'm curious. Which bank?

If you really must use this number, contact the bank to explain the issue. Speak to a supervisor/manager if needed.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AnnaBeaulieu wrote:

Supplementary - If I remember correctly, my entire phone number with area code was/were new.

So it is a new number with Pubic Mobile.  Did you notify the bank of your new phone number?  Under what circumstance is the bank acting as if they don't know why?  What are you trying to do at the bank?  

The part I'm questiong is, if I was to get a new phone number, I would have to update that information with the bank online or by going into a branch.  They would have to verify that it is me, but once I'm verified, I would change my number with the bank.  

AnnaBeaulieu

Supplementary - If I remember correctly, my entire phone number with area code was/were new.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AnnaBeaulieu wrote:

My phone number is not recognized by my bank and they act as if they don't know why.

Is the Public Mobile number new or was your number ported in from another carrier?

AnnaBeaulieu

Sorry for the delay, area code is 825. That a bank would not update its database more quickly is incomprehensible.

If you dont mind me asking what is the area code / number prefix? (You don't have to post the last 4 digits). If it is a telus number, it can also be some very new numbers may not have been added yet to their database.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@AnnaBeaulieu wrote:

@AnnaBeaulieu  Did you port a number in from a free/voip service or was it a brand new number you selected? Some phone number pre-fixes are cateogirezd incorrectly, and after porting from free/voip this issue does not get resolved.

Places that verify your number have internal security measures (probably the tellers dont know about) that know if the number was free/voip kind of thing. Just like not being able to verify your identity while border crossing with a gym membership.

Need Help? Let's chat.